Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1242878 times)

Cualli gets up and rushes over to Arkhip, checking his wounds. "Arkhip? Oh gods, Arkhip--" She presses down on the wounds, trying to staunch the bleeding while thinking over what her next course of action will be. "Elu, come here and help me. His arm, put pressure on the wound there-- gently though, not too much."

With a free, trembling hand, Cualli pulls out her phone and dials emergency services, not trusting herself to drive on the snow and ice in Arkhip's car.  "Hello? I- I need an ambulance, there's been a stabbing--" Cualli quickly gives the responders her location. "We, uh, might need more than one, and-- police." She stares down at the blood staining through Arkhip's winter coat and pushes down her panic.
Cualli's INT 38
Staunching bloodflow is difficult: -10
Test taken at 28
Roll: 46 - failure

Unable to use both hands, Cualli fails to stop the bleeding. At least she's able to speak coherently enough for the dispatcher to understand her request. As she remains on the phone, the criminals unsteadily get up and start to limp away from the scene. Elu watches them stand and then looks at Cualli.

Rolling 1d10 to see if Arkhip loving dies: Rolled 7
Result: Not dead.

Cualli puts the phone on speaker and lays it on Arkhip's chest, then uses both of her hands to try to stop the bleeding from his abdomen. "Elu, grab them," she instructs. "Don't let them get away, we need to turn them in to the police."

She stares down at Arkhip, silently praying to his goddess that he'll survive. She takes a few deep breaths, feeling her throat tighten at the thought of losing him. "Please, please, please..." she whispers, her eyes fixed on the slowly spreading circle of red.

"If you ever find out, let me know. I'd pay good money for a non replica."

"Yeah. No. I know for a fact he wouldn't sell it. When I get ahold of him I'll see if he still has it, and maybe you'll see it someday,"

Cualli puts the phone on speaker and lays it on Arkhip's chest, then uses both of her hands to try to stop the bleeding from his abdomen. "Elu, grab them," she instructs. "Don't let them get away, we need to turn them in to the police."

She stares down at Arkhip, silently praying to his goddess that he'll survive. She takes a few deep breaths, feeling her throat tighten at the thought of losing him. "Please, please, please..." she whispers, her eyes fixed on the slowly spreading circle of red.
Cualli's INT 38
Test taken at 28
Roll: 95 - failure

Rolling 1d10 to see if Arkhip loving dies: Rolled 5

Cualli's INT 38
Test taken at 28
Roll: 80 - failure

Rolling 1d10 to see if Arkhip loving dies: Rolled 9

Cualli's INT 38
Test taken at 28
Roll: 15 - success

It takes a worrying amount of time, but Cualli finally makes progress at stopping the blood flow.

Meanwhile, Elu gives pursuit to the knife-wielding accomplice. He may not be the fastest sprinter, but even he is able to catch up to someone barely able to walk, let alone run.

Elu's WS 20
Charging provides bonus of 20
Single attack provides bonus of 10
Test taken at 50
Roll: 50 - success by 1 degree
Result: 1 hit to head

Fist damage = 1d5-3+4: Rolled 5
6 total damage
Accomplice's Toughness Bonus 3
Total Damage Reduction: 3
Burglar takes 3 damage
HP remaining: -5/8

Target stunned for 1 round

Elu slows down the accomplice's escape with another blow to the back of the head.

Elu's WS 20
Aim provides bonus of 10
Single attack provides bonus of 10
Stunned target provides bonus of 20
Test taken at 60
Roll: 14

Fist damage = 1d5-3+4: Rolled 4
10 total damage
Accomplice's Toughness Bonus 3
Total Damage Reduction: 3
Burglar takes 2 damage
HP remaining: -7/8

You hear a pitiful scream echo through the streets as Elu breaks several of his ribs. He's not running anywhere anymore. Unfortunately, the would-be car thief escapes into the night. Or day. You can't really remember what time it is at the moment.

Two ambulances arrive a few minutes later, along with a pair of police cruisers. Arkhip and his assailant are taken away by the paramedics, while the police stay to question Cualli about what happened. Things like; how many criminals were there (two), if she could describe what the escaped one was wearing (she can and does), if he was carrying a weapon (she doesn't know), and if she could recount the progression of events (which I'll leave to you to do).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 07:45:49 PM by Qwepir »

Cualli breathes a sigh of relief when the ambulances arrive, allowing the paramedics to take him off her bloodied hands.

She manages to regain her composure as she answers the officer's questions. "We had just come off the lift from the temple, and we saw the guy who got away trying to break into Arkhip's car. I... pulled him away and hit him in the face, then pinned him down onto the ground and was going to have Arkhip call for the police. But... the other guy, the one that we caught, he came for me and I guess Arkhip tried to stop him, which is when he must have been stabbed." A sheepish look comes across her face. "I kind of got carried away when I heard the screaming and... either broke or dislocated the first guy's arm, it was a blur. And Elu--" she gestures to him-- "...he punched the second guy in the face and then chased him down when he tried to get away. I was too busy calling for an ambulance and trying to stop Arkhip's bleeding while that happened."

She looks down at her bloodstained gloves as she finishes speaking. Her hands are still trembling from a mixture of subsiding adrenaline, panic, and worry; she feels the urge to take the dirty gloves off but remembers how cold the outside air will feel.

"I... realize I probably should've called first," she says, worry creeping into her voice again. "And not broken the guy's arm. Or let the other guy get as beat-up as he did." The recent events with the airliner and her experience at the airport cause her worry to grow as she realizes she very well may end up arrested for what she did. "I guess I didn't want to risk letting them get away."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 08:06:02 PM by carolcat »

: Finally, something interesting! Yes, I know where you can find a good knife, I'll take you where I bought all of mine.

Walter finishes the remainder of his drink and set it down

"Sounds like a great place if it's where you get yours, how many do you even own? I've only really seen the one you use on duty."

Cualli breathes a sigh of relief when the ambulances arrive, allowing the paramedics to take him off her bloodied hands.

She manages to regain her composure as she answers the officer's questions. "We had just come off the lift from the temple, and we saw the guy who got away trying to break into Arkhip's car. I... pulled him away and hit him in the face, then pinned him down onto the ground and was going to have Arkhip call for the police. But... the other guy, the one that we caught, he came for me and I guess Arkhip tried to stop him, which is when he must have been stabbed." A sheepish look comes across her face. "I kind of got carried away when I heard the screaming and... either broke or dislocated the first guy's arm, it was a blur. And Elu--" she gestures to him-- "...he punched the second guy in the face and then chased him down when he tried to get away. I was too busy calling for an ambulance and trying to stop Arkhip's bleeding while that happened."

She looks down at her bloodstained gloves as she finishes speaking. Her hands are still trembling from a mixture of subsiding adrenaline, panic, and worry; she feels the urge to take the dirty gloves off but remembers how cold the outside air will feel.

"I... realize I probably should've called first," she says, worry creeping into her voice again. "And not broken the guy's arm. Or let the other guy get as beat-up as he did." The recent events with the airliner and her experience at the airport cause her worry to grow as she realizes she very well may end up arrested for what she did. "I guess I didn't want to risk letting them get away."
The cop grunts and nods as he listens to your story, taking notes.
"Nah. First guy shouldn't'a been breaking into a car, second guy shouldn't'a stabbed noone. They're both still alive and the one tryin' to break in only got lightly injured. If you ask me, they got off easy."
He asks you for some contact information in case they need you again, then returns to his cruiser to report the other perpetrator still on the run.

Walter finishes the remainder of his drink and set it down

"Sounds like a great place if it's where you get yours, how many do you even own? I've only really seen the one you use on duty."
: 'Bout six or eight.

The cop grunts and nods as he listens to your story, taking notes.
"Nah. First guy shouldn't'a been breaking into a car, second guy shouldn't'a stabbed noone. They're both still alive and the one tryin' to break in only got lightly injured. If you ask me, they got off easy."
He asks you for some contact information in case they need you again, then returns to his cruiser to report the other perpetrator still on the run.
She seems relieved to hear that the police are on her side.

"I... could you give us a ride to the hospital?" She glances at Arkhip's car. "I don't live up here, I was just visiting him while on leave. I've never driven on snow before and I don't have his keys."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 08:42:01 PM by carolcat »

: 'Bout six or eight.

"Huh. Maybe I should let you pick one out for me then, You obviously know more about them aside from just owning plenty."

She seems relieved to hear that the police are on her side.

"I... could you give us a ride to the hospital?" She glances at Arkhip's car. "I don't live up here, I was just visiting him while on leave. I've never driven on snow before and I don't have his keys."
The cop allows Cualli and Elu to ride along and takes her to the hospital. The silence is broken after a few minutes by a question Cualli feels she's gonna be hearing a lot of during this stay.
"So... a robot? Where'd you get that?"

"Huh. Maybe I should let you pick one out for me then, You obviously know more about them aside from just owning plenty."
Virvel just grins and nods.

Cualli realizes she probably needs to choose her words carefully. "He's Air Force property. I'm technically his handler, but... He's self-aware, so he doesn't really need one, in my opinion. But him and I are close."

"I'll pay for my food then and we can go if you want. You finally have an excuse to go again, don't you?" Walter says while smiling and cleaning up his spot.

Cualli realizes she probably needs to choose her words carefully. "He's Air Force property. I'm technically his handler, but... He's self-aware, so he doesn't really need one, in my opinion. But him and I are close."
"Military, huh? Didn't know we had our own bots."

"I'll pay for my food then and we can go if you want. You finally have an excuse to go again, don't you?" Walter says while smiling and cleaning up his spot.
: Ready whenever you are.

"We don't. Can't tell you much on how we got him, just that I've had him under my wing for a while. Speaking of-" Cualli realizes that right now she's sitting next to a robot learning from her, who just saw her punch a guy without any provocation.

Cualli turns to Elu and places a hand on him. "First off, you did good back there. If you hadn't stepped in, Arkhip and I might not be around anymore." She's lowered her voice and takes on a sincere tone. "But I need you to keep in mind that violence isn't always the best answer, okay? It's okay to fight if me, Arkhip, or whoever is in danger-- like earlier. But it's a last resort option, especially given your position." She squeezes Elu's arm. "The last thing we need are worries over you rebelling against humans or whatever."

"Punching people normally isn't okay. I hit that guy because he was a threat, and that's okay- that's called self defense. You can fight back if it's in defense; that's why it's okay that you punched the person who stabbed Arkhip. But you are not allowed to hit or hurt anyone unless it's in self defense, done to protect someone like me, or if it's a direct order from me or my superiors, okay?"

Walter stands up after paying for the meal and mentally realizes that he has metal legs again, feeling like his original legs were still there while he was sitting down.

"Alright, lets head out then."