Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1242898 times)

Bell looks back over at Pansar, answering him before turning back to look at the conversation.
"Oh, it looks like Kommandmant is chewing out Virvel, Frisk, and Walt for drinking."
: Oh god dammit not again.

Pansar walks past you to get into the room.

Ellie waves at Cualli and Elu before she starts eating again.
Cualli notices the wave and glances at Elu. "How about there?" She starts walking towards Ellie.
Elu follows.
: Who is that?

Walt doesn't say anything, and Virvel starts running her mouth.
: Calm down my man, I smuggled this on board myself. Y'know, in case we need to relax.
: I want you to reread what you just said in your mind and tell me at what point any of it constitutes acceptable behavior.
: Can't. Already forgot it.
: Gods above- give me the damn bottle.

Virvel clearly intends on poking this bear further.

"I might try and settle but I don't think that's even possible. I don't belong anywhere. I might go as far as NAUC can take me and once thats over, find something else to take me farther. I've been hearing reports of a joint unit thats been forming in the Huit territories. If I can't settle I might go in and look for work."

"You can't get away from it, huh?"

Elu follows.
: Who is that?
"One of Mjolnir's pilots," she says.

Cualli takes a seat across from Ellie. "Hey," she greets.

Bell keeps watching from the doorway, not saying anything in the meantime.

Ellie stops eating to greet the two.

"Hi Cualli, and.."

She lifts her fork and points it at Elu.

"I don't think we've been introduced, actually.."

Ellie stops eating to greet the two.

"Hi Cualli, and.."

She lifts her fork and points it at Elu.

"I don't think we've been introduced, actually.."
"His name is Elu," Cualli says, smiling a bit. "Surprised that you know me but don't know Elu. We're practically inseparable." She eats a forkful of food and continues. "Partially because he's not supposed to be left unsupervised-- the carrier's captain's orders-- but I'm not bothered in the least."

"His name is Elu," Cualli says, smiling a bit. "Surprised that you know me but don't know Elu. We're practically inseparable." She eats a forkful of food and continues. "Partially because he's not supposed to be left unsupervised-- the carrier's captain's orders-- but I'm not bothered in the least."

"Ah, I guess nobody wants him running around alone, but you two been doing a pretty good job on our planes."

Ellie opens her tiny carton of milk.

"We do what we can," Cualli says, seeming to appreciate the bit of praise from the pilot. "We know that you guys can't afford to have anything going wrong while you're out there. A lot rides on these planes being in their best shape."

She pauses to take another bite. "Well, we do what we can on the mechanical side of things. Weapons, and how the planes are already designed..." she thinks back to what she remembers happening with Walt. "...well, that's not really our area of control."

Ellie nods, "Well, that's really up to the factories making these munitions, but I guess there's always some risk whenever you fly with explosives strapped to your plane."

She takes another bite from her food.

"I'm hoping that this next operation goes well, maybe we'll actually be able to go home after it."

Bell keeps watching from the doorway, not saying anything in the meantime.
Walter continues to hold his tongue, and Virvel continues to run her mouth.
: Psh, if you want a drink I'll pour you a glass, you don't need the whole-
: I am not playing games here, hand over the god damn bottle before I have you thrown in the brig!

Virvel stifles a laugh and takes a step closer to Kommandant, leaning in towards him.
: Come on now,  I'll be sobered up by the time we take off anyway. We both know you're not gonna lock me away while the rest of you take off anyway, you'll only be punishing yourselves!

Fed up with Virvel's back-talk and her continuing intrusion into his personal space, Kommandant invokes Section 6 of the Aesthian disciplinary code by grabbing her shoulder and headbutting her square in the middle of the face. She staggers backwards, clutching her nose, and manages to shoot Walt a brief glance of confusion before getting knocked to the ground by a second blow to the side of the head. The room goes silent save for the sound of Virvel's groaning and a soft "what the forget" from Fang as Kommandant walks over and plants his foot on her to keep her down.
: By the gods you're right, Virvel! I am not going to lock you up during our sortie, instead I am going to drag your inebriated ass down to the weight room and make you do PT until you either puke all the alcohol out of your system or drop loving dead! And if you ever come at me or anyone else again with that tone of yours you can expect a repeat of what just happened! I've been far too lenient when it comes to your smug dipforget attitude for way too long now, it's time to square that stuff away before you cost us another squad member and gods only know what else!

Walter shoots up in surprise and concern at the sudden chain of events as Rikard finishes his statement

"I"m not saying what we're doing is any more right, but that's just as uncalled for prior to a sortie. What if she has a concussion now? That can't be cured with a nights rest!" He gestures with his one hand at Virvel writhing on the ground with clear worry on his face, shifting uneasily unsure of what to do with Rikard currently in the way looming over her.

Ellie nods, "Well, that's really up to the factories making these munitions, but I guess there's always some risk whenever you fly with explosives strapped to your plane."

She takes another bite from her food.

"I'm hoping that this next operation goes well, maybe we'll actually be able to go home after it."
"Would be nice, yeah," Cualli says. "Hope my plants aren't dead."

She glances up in thought. "Honestly, I've lost track of how long we've been up here. Without windows and being able to... well, to see outside and stay in the same place, it gets a bit tough to keep up with the days. I mean, yeah, we've got the carrier's own timezone... thing, but..." She puts another bite of food in her mouth and shrugs. "It's weird."

Walter shoots up in surprise and concern at the sudden chain of events as Rikard finishes his statement

"I"m not saying what we're doing is any more right, but that's just as uncalled for prior to a sortie. What if she has a concussion now? That can't be cured with a nights rest!" He gestures with his one hand at Virvel writhing on the ground with clear worry on his face, shifting uneasily unsure of what to do with Rikard currently in the way looming over her.
: Don't you lecture me you boozed-up moron! I'd recommend Kirves bust you down a rank but there isn't a rank low enough to bust you down to!

: Don't you lecture me you boozed-up moron! I'd recommend Kirves bust you down a rank but there isn't a rank low enough to bust you down to!

Walter scoffs and stops his shifting with a slightly raised voice "Right, and even if he did I'd still be more useful than the majority of my squadron."

It's clear within a few moments Walter's attitude is starting to burn up in annoyance and defense

"Of all the stupid stuff people pull in this air force- Including me!" He Jabs his thumb at his chest "And we're the ones discredited for having a couple glasses because we're stuck on this stupid flying sardine tin all day and night or out on missions. How is that fair? Are you going to beat me for insubordination too? We're trying to just cool off before the next sortie but it looks like we got the exact opposite of what we were looking for."

Walter scoffs and stops his shifting with a slightly raised voice "Right, and even if he did I'd still be more useful than the majority of my squadron."

It's clear within a few moments Walter's attitude is starting to burn up in annoyance and defense

"Of all the stupid stuff people pull in this air force- Including me!" He Jabs his thumb at his chest "And we're the ones discredited for having a couple glasses because we're stuck on this stupid flying sardine tin all day and night or out on missions. How is that fair? Are you going to beat me for insubordination too? We're trying to just cool off before the next sortie but it looks like we got the exact opposite of what we were looking for."
Pansar notices Walt getting belligerent and steps forward to place himself near Kommandant.
: Rules and regulations don't just fly out the window just because you're tired, or sad, or what-the-forget-ever! Did you ever stop to think what would happen if there was an emergency and you needed to take off with veins full of alcohol? You could've easily got yourselves or someone else killed!

Fang looks down in shame and Frisk appears to be trying to escape the situation by sinking through the couch judging by how much he's slouching into it.

Pansar notices Walt getting belligerent and steps forward to place himself near Kommandant.
: Rules and regulations don't just fly out the window just because you're tired, or sad, or what-the-forget-ever! Did you ever stop to think what would happen if there was an emergency and you needed to take off with veins full of alcohol? You could've easily got yourselves or someone else killed!

Fang looks down in shame and Frisk appears to be trying to escape the situation by sinking through the couch judging by how much he's slouching into it.

Walter just seems to boil more, likely not helping his case of proving he's sober.

"That's why I'm not bloody knocking myself out with it! I only had two shots before calling quits. I know bloody well about 'emergencies' or surprises after having to scramble to fight off some Deltans and escape with the skin of my teeth," He starts counting with his fingers aggressively as he lists off "We lost the base, We lost one of our COs, we lost a bunch of personnel, we lost a great deal of equipment and airframes, and we lost the only competent leader Mjolnir had! I know when to stop myself because if that's the price we had to pay, only being saved by Geary; I can only imagine what would happen to this squadron if I wasn't ready for something like that again."

Walter huffs out and cools down a level after finishing and just scowls