ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232112 times)

those come by default and they're in limited numbers
guidance jammer's getting moved up to tier 2 or 3

...oh

why not replace guidance scramblers with chaff+flares for now? i mean, there's no chaff+flares listed and guidance scramblers were the only available countermeasures for us so

I feel that chaff and flares should be a given, but more advanced stuff like ECM suites, thermal lamp infrared countermeasures, ECCM, and more advanced stuff should be on support modules.

Also IR flares and chaff should be available in large numbers, but quirky and not too effective.

I take a very short break from getting the warbird into fighting standards, to select the planned armament in the aircraft's allocated armament selection console. (little computer in the corner of the room to select what you want to put on the bird, aka an excuse to use the spreadsheet in the rp)

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 07:07:10 PM by Juncoph »

I don't know what I was thinking with some of these point values, my apologies. Chaff and flares are in highly limited numbers and the reason for it is because they're deployed in bursts and are more or less a guaranteed spoof in a majority of scenarios, I suppose. Also because keeping track of big numbers is a pain in the ass, which is part of the reason why more or less every gun has an effective infinite ammo.
This was prepared and then I kinda just went plfplpdpl. Again, my apologies for the inconvenience.

Bell heads to the NAUC requisitions office first to submit a request for a MiG-29, before heading to the barracks to put down her flight bag. She pulls out a tablet, skimming over some news on a website back home.

Name*: Simon Faw (woohoo retconning last names)
Nickname*: Gladiator
Piloting Preference (Air-to-Air, Air-to-Ground, or Multirole): Multi-role
Backstory: Born in NAUC's breadbasket to a Coryzan mother and a Aesthian father, he joined the armed forces at an age of 22 after he graduated college.
Picture:
Portrait

KIA on the northern tip of Zentragothorum.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:14:49 AM by ZombiLoin »

MOUNTPOINT   WEAPON   ORDNANCE COST

Coaxial01    AC/5    12

Hardpoint01   HSM   4
Hardpoint02   JSM   4
Hardpoint03   JSM   4
Hardpoint04   RGM   6
Hardpoint05   JSM   4
Hardpoint06   HSM   4
Hardpoint07   HSM   4

Support01   Artemis VI   6
Support02   Extra Flares x2   4
Support03   Extra Chaff x1   2

Total:      54

New loadout woot woot.

The requisitions officers find a spare aircraft in storage. They hand me a MiG-29 flight manual and hanger number. I walk across the base, searching for twenty minutes to find it. It's in a hanger full of aircraft in storage. Most airframes are under off-white shrouds. A few engines lie on the floor, along with gear, various hoses and components. It looks like they are cannibalizing aircraft in here. The inside of the hanger is warm, and only a few lights shine. I find the aircraft, bathed in warm light. I inspect it. There are scab patches scattered across the aircraft's skin, and the paint is blotchy. Light gray marks out the old tail code, the aircraft number. and any details or designs. The same paint covers the patched, perhaps to help protect against corrosion.

I look into the roosterpit, and observe that the roosterpit is larger than that of the Mirage 2000C's. I lower myself in. It fits much better. I stay and begin to read the manual.

... 6:33 PM.

I set aside my smartphone, rub the sweet sleep from my eyes, get out of bed and stretch. That was a long flight. The limited leg room wasn't doing me any favors, either.

I let my vision wander across my new living quarters. I was too tired to notice before, but the accomodations are surprisingly nice, at least compared to what I'm used to.

Feeling much better after having taken a nap, I exit the room and look around the complex. The first thing that comes back to me is a notice regarding new requisitions available to pilots in the 514th... Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing anyone from the 514th since I landed. I shrug off the thought and look for the command center. I'm pretty sure I'll run into someone sooner or later.

Taking a tip from a passing Aesthian airman who's been stationed here for over a month, I find the NAUC requisitions officer and turn in some paperwork requesting for a MiG-29.

Once the technicians start working on maintenance of the craft more complex than simple welding and painting, I stop assisting them as I would only get in the way.

I climb into the roosterpit while they focus on replacing one of the engines with a new one, which they had just scrapped from another Jaguar, and I adjust everything to suit my form. The previous pilot knew what he was doing, at least, as there isn't much to be improved.

Under my breath, I note, "[The fact is written in Huit, helpful.]" Aesthesian and Huit grammar isn't quite the same. Translation can only get you so far... at least when you translate directly. A better description of what I said would be "Everything's written in Huit. That's nifty." But my point is, having to transliterate in the heat of combat is pretty bad. Being in a familiar roosterpit, however, is pretty good.

...The spaciousness helps, too.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 09:33:59 PM by Juncoph »

I take a very short break from getting the warbird into fighting standards, to select the planned armament in the aircraft's allocated armament selection console. (little computer in the corner of the room to select what you want to put on the bird, aka an excuse to use the spreadsheet in the rp)

why are both of your UAC/2, at 32 ordinance points, set to 0?

also did you make the huitz language sir?!

also did you make the huitz language sir?!

my character was born and raised in huitz, plus the jaguar is a huitz craft so logically text inside of it is huitz

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 09:31:04 PM by Juncoph »

Coaxials are free, meaning you could slot two GaU/8s on a craft that has it as its unique weapon for no cost. The costs for non-bulky weaponry comes into play when they're mounted as gunpods, meaning you can take two UACs free, but cannot take up to your hardpoint capacity with just autocannons.

Ok.

But about the language thing, there already has been a stable Huitz language translation in place before Juncoph came here. Just saying that he shouldn't feel entitled to changing anything just because he is Huitz.

I don't speak nahuatl so I don't know the ins and outs of their language and can't really correct Juncoph on what hes saying. All I'll say on the matter is that translated text in brackets shouldn't be in broken English.

i meant that what [i had said in brackets] was directly translated, because my character was noting that it was easier to think in his native language than aesthesian, and gave the example of direct translation as to why

[it's assumed that otherwise, comments like these are just a simple case of being translated into something with the same general meaning, by a human translator]

unless you mean to tell me all languages have the same grammar
which im not buying