Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1233218 times)

I increase the AoA limiter's maximum angle then roll, and pull right. Hopefully it will throw the pursuer off. I engage air brakes.
The enemy aircraft attempts to follow your maneuver, but simply isn't able to match your turning rate and goes wide.

Two aircraft, Bell's and an enemy fighter, buzz by Faw's position. He banks to the left and locks on to the enemy fighter and fires a AAM at it.
The enemy plane drops flares and doesn't even divert from its course.

I wrestle with my aircrafts controls in an attempt to evade the Euro's cannon bursts
The eurofighter stays on your tail, pumping more cannonfire in your direction...

I lock on and launch 2 HSM's at the plane chasing Whiskey.
Directly below me I see Whisky's aircraft zoom by with another fighter coming up on his tail. I go into a dive and burst fire my AC5's
...until it is taken down by your squadmates.

Bell can be speeding away from the Turkreb and attempting to avoid fire by rolling and changing up her altitude constantly to keep the enemy fighter from lining up its sights on her aircraft. She flies across Faw's flight path in the process.
Rather than attempting to match all your maneuvers, the pursuing enemy plane allows you to gain some distance between you and it, and fires another two missiles.

I cue the Tukreb with my HMD and let loose an AAM. "Short fox on the Tukreb!"
It drops countermeasures and diverts its attention back to you, leaving Shortsword to the missiles it already fired.

remaining enemies:
1x Tukreb
4x Typhoon

No seriously Mercanan AWACS ECCM is incompetent.
>imblyig imperial jamming is as basic as "meh just play music over every channel"
>imbelgig the music isnt just an extra layer of jamming
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:34:41 AM by Qwepir »

I pull a High Yo-Yo, in attempt to fall on the Typhoon's tail.

hate to be a bitch but you forgot to take away one of my aams and zombi's post

Looks like I got that forgeter's attention! I couldn't quite stop him from firing a few missiles, but the Tukreb drops flares, knocks it off and turns away from the Su-30. I keep my engines on reheat, leave the AoA limiter off and chase after the bandit, switching to my guns in the process. The EEGS gun funnel comes on my HUD, and I try to stay on him to line up a shot.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:04:45 PM by NoZoner »

Bell deploys her flares since the Turkreb turned away and dives down, looping back with the increased speed so that she can tail it.

hate to be a bitch but you forgot to take away one of my aams and zombi's post
updated card, his AAM was countermeasured
also art guy did some abs fiesta-related sketches and stuff
http://i.imgur.com/tMnL5j8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CcluIR4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/l4IWfuW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sOAVMpS.jpg
no i can't read his handwriting either
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:19:14 PM by Qwepir »

I would draw Kissinger if I was nearly as talented as you guys.

I pull a High Yo-Yo, in attempt to fall on the Typhoon's tail.
The Typhoon is now dead ahead of you.

Bell deploys her flares since the Turkreb turned away and dives down, looping back with the increased speed so that she can tail it.
Looks like I got that forgeter's attention! I couldn't quite stop him from firing a few missiles, but the Tukreb drops flares, knocks it off and turns away from the Su-30. I keep my engines on reheat, leave the AoA limiter off and chase after the bandit, switching to my guns in the process. The EEGS gun funnel comes on my HUD, and I try to stay on him to line up a shot.
The hostile Ace attempts to evade but you are able to keep his big-ass plane in your sights relatively easily, for the time being at least.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:34:55 AM by Qwepir »

I get the gun reticle and squeeze the trigger. The flak cannon jitters and sprays tracers onto the target. I smile maniacally as I fire.

I identify Tippys plane and try to stick closer to her so i don't get myself into loads of bullstuff again.

Bell opens fire on the Turkreb with the AC5 and the LCP.

Following in with Shortsword, I put the Tukreb right in the solution marker and squeeze the trigger in bursts. The cannon spouts fire and sends volleys of rounds towards the target.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:15:09 PM by NoZoner »

I get the gun reticle and squeeze the trigger. The flak cannon jitters and sprays tracers onto the target. I smile maniacally as I fire.
The Eurofighter goes down, giving you a clear path to the AWACS. Which appears to have dropped off your radar again.

Bell opens fire on the Turkreb with the AC5 and the LCP.
Following in with Shortsword, I put the Tukreb right in the solution marker and squeeze the trigger in bursts. The cannon spouts fire and sends volleys of rounds towards the target.
The combined firepower from both your planes is too much for even the toughest and agile of planes, and as it attempts to roll to get on your tail, it explodes, showering you with debris.

Remaining enemy craft:
3x Typhoon
1x AWACS
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:35:08 AM by Qwepir »

wow Sabre's engines got the worst of it

I note Whisky following me and his flight behavior. I head down to strafe the ground forces to give him some room to perform a firing assist.

I fire my remaining AGMs towards the closest of the grouping armored vehicles.