ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232199 times)

Tippy and the others disembark but cautiously. Tippy scans all possible points of attack (everywhere) as they make their way across the large field.

the great lord qwep is thirsty for blood

next time use the missiles before you die

it's usually our own faults that these things happen

Name: Elijah Callahan
Nickname: Caesar
Piloting Preference: A2A
Backstory: Growing up in a life of luxury, he sought something else than the boring schooling his parents were paying for. Once he graduated, he decided to join the Air-Force. He felt that the marines and the army were not for him. He flipped a coin on the air force and the navy.
Picture: pictor
Personality: Keeps things serious. Knows how to get out of a sticky situation.
I feel like I really half assed this so if you need me to add anything tell me

i know
*sniff*

Left with no flares to defend the incoming heatseekers and no time to turn away, Richard throttles the engines and faces the missiles directly to minimize his infrared signature. Watching the smoke trails, he pulls into a wide barrel roll, waiting for the missiles to approach before rolling around and barreling in the opposite direction at the last possible moment.
Talon base EV 85
No piloting bonuses or penalties
HSM 1 provides penalty of 25
HSM 2 provides penalty of 25
Test taken at EV 35
Roll: 92 - failure
Roll granted by Supermaneuverable: 10 - success
Test passed

You evade without the use of your remaining flare which I assume I should have deducted at some point? You are now in gun range of your assailant, and they spray some cannonfire your way.

Walt attempts to reach Sabre and pop a flare and if possible fire at 1-4
Raven base EV 77
No piloting bonuses or penalties
Test taken at EV 77
Rafale base EV 76
Experience provides bonus of 4
Test taken at EV 80
Raven rolls to pursue: 22 - success by 5 degrees
Rafale rolls to evade: 69 - success by 1 degree
Raven successfully pursues Rafale

You get on 1-4's tail and are lined up to fire.

Jaakko lets loose two AAMs and a cannon shot on the Rafale.
Rafale base EV 76
Experience provides bonus of 4
AAM 1 provides penalty of 35
AAM 2 provides penalty of 35
Flares provide bonus of 40
Test taken at EV 50
Roll: 82 - failure

The Rafale is destroyed.

Tippy and the others disembark but cautiously. Tippy scans all possible points of attack (everywhere) as they make their way across the large field.
You make it to the hangar without incident, but you are a lot closer to the battle.
: So what, we just need to help you go down the pre-start checklist so you can go out there and fight off the Huits?
: I'm not going to be the one piloting. I wish I could, but I can't. That thing jostles you around so much it makes me physically sick, I'd be useless up there.
: Well if you're not going to pilot, who is?

Pagodin looks at Tippy, and Yukamo follows his gaze.
: No. Absolutely not. You've said it before, that thing isn't safe! She could be killed!
: Look outside, nowhere is safe, and we're all going to be killed if we don't do anything! The bastards landed behind your people's perimeter guns, and anyone shooting back is getting torn to loving ribbons. This is our best, hell it's the only option I can think of to even stall them.
: Then we find another pilot for it, it doesn't need to be her.
: Do you want to go out there and find one? She's here, she can handle it, I assume, and it's ultimately her call to make. Captain, what do you say?

ohforgetohforgetohforget
"On the bright side, the helmet covers my face as well..."
I quickly lean over off of the branch, to a degree that I won't fall off, then, using my knife to ensure I don't get bit through my gloves, knock it off of my helmet, and let it fall on to the snake.
It bounces off the snake and falls the rest of the way to the ground. You are still up a tall-ass tree.

Bell takes and uses the first aid kit to patch up her most severe wounds, though she knows that internal bleeding won't stop if it's occurring. She picks up and puts on the respirator, making sure to put in any filters that go with it.
"Ah forget, they're definitely not going to let me fly again after taking another dosage of shrapnel."
Bell packs up any extra supplies from the first aid kit and gear into a backpack before securing the rope to the inside of the capsule. She then starts lowering herself down to the elevated highway.
This happens. The highway is mostly empty at this time, so she doesn't have to worry about being hit by cars or anything.

everything that happens in this mission is the result of mjolnir's previous actions
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:08:15 PM by Qwepir »

Tippy places her hand on Yukamo's shoulder.

"I'll be fine. It will be no different than me going up into the air at a hundreds of miles per-hour shooting at other extremely fast moving objects. Besides, i'm fukin invincible. I'm more worried about getting YOU out alive along with as many people as i can on this base."

Tippy looks at Pagoda.

"I'll do it. I've got a thing for tin cans that hug the ground."

I climb down a little bit, but not within reach of the snake. I then climb around to the opposite side the snake's head is on, then work out how to not disturb the snake, or kill it if need be.

"I'll be fine. It will be no different than me going up into the air at a hundreds of miles per-hour shooting at other extremely fast moving objects. Besides, i'm fukin invincible. I'm more worried about getting YOU out alive along with as many people as i can on this base."

Tippy looks at Pagoda.

hey come and find me
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:23:21 PM by Gojira »

Walt fires on 1-4 and then checks his surrounding for anyone attempting to tail him.

Tippy looks at Pagoda.

: But-
: Good. Get up there and try to familiarize yourself with the controls. Believe me, it's not as complicated as it sounds.

He turns to Yukamo.
: You, come with me, there's an ammo cart on the other side of the hangar for the cannon. We should top it off if she's heading into a fight.

Your two helpers set off across the hangar to retrieve the ammunition.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:08:49 PM by Qwepir »

"Walt, stay on 'im!" Richard breezes past the Rafale and heads straight for the bandit tailing Tempest. He fires all three guns.

this is the post i used up the last of my flares/missiles

Richard slowly pitches the Talon vertical, releasing one last string of countermeasures. He continues accelerating as he tries to loop back around towards the attackers, eventually reacquiring the Morgenstern and firing his last two missiles.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:33:53 PM by NoZoner »

Jaakko cloaks and moves on to more pressing matters.

"Sabre, do you need assistance or can I assist the ground forces?!" Jaakko yells.

Tippy scales the massive machine and crawls into the roosterpit only to realize there was an access ladder literally right near it. She rolls her eyes and slides into the seat to give the controls a look-over.

"Crash, Sabre, negative! Continue supporting the ground forces!"

forget

Gus breaks off and performs evasive maneuvers.