Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232194 times)

Tippy's laugh made even the air uncomfortable as it suddenly turned cold.

"So you are human after all... with your loving stuffty language you loving Huit."

Tippy fires a couple of rounds into his legs and returns to the mech
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:55:10 PM by Tayasaurus »

Tippy's laugh made even the air uncomfortable as it suddenly turned cold.

"So you are human after all... with your loving stuffty language you loving Huit."

Tippy fires a couple of rounds into his legs and returns to the mech
: [Bloody psychotic!]

As you climb into the roosterpit again you find yourself being immediately chewed out.
: Quit forgetin' about and get over here, we need that walker at the RV point, preferrably intact!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:16:47 PM by Qwepir »

Tippy says nothing and brings the battle worn walker to the designated area.

Gus surveys the field, looking for any other targets.

Gus surveys the field, looking for any other targets.
All walkers are destroyed, the only things left are the infantry, and a lot of them are currently fighting indoors. There isn't much that can still be done for the remaining defenders.

Tippy says nothing and brings the battle worn walker to the designated area.
Tippy takes the walker to the rendezvous point at Tocatlan and turns it over to the allied forces regrouping there. She and the other pilots who made it out are then shipped off to the nearest intact airfield, where the pilots who weren't shot down landed. Raiden's planes are present in the hangars, each of them showing some sort of recently-obtained battle scar.

Also, Yui is found by a team of Deltan commandos and is immediately captured. She's not dead (yet), but Gojira will need to make a new character for the time being if he wants to keep participating.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:16:04 AM by Qwepir »

Gus flies to this airfield and lands in a hangar adjacent to Raiden's. He gets directions from an overworked flight officer to the cafeteria, and walks there without really seeing the ground in front of him.

The walk to an empty table drains him more than it should. He practically throws himself into the chair, almost causing the flimsy metal construct to fall over with him in it. His eyes fix themselves on an imperfection in the light blue wall across from him, now completely unaware of the surrounding room.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:34:07 AM by CypherX »

And I'm forgeted.
My service pistol and knife are stripped from me, and I have to walk with the commandos, hands behind my head.

new character coming in the morning

"Get as far away from the gunship as you can."

You pull up next to the roosterpit just in time for the missiles to reach your plane. The resulting explosion engulfs both the Talon and Tlacelel's entire plane, and lights up the airfield to almost midday conditions for several seconds before fading out.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 01:19:23 AM by xxxxkill »

theme

Some soldier or pilot had run up to him in the hangar. Somberly she had told Gus of the casualties. Mjolnir's casualties. People he knew. Others he didn't. That other pilots of his flight had landed here too. He had walked past her without responding then, but wished he could say something now.

As Gus stares at that tiny chip in the paint, like a chink in a great coat of mail, the room around him changes. The table in front of him is a rough cut wood table, with stains and gouges dotting its surface like impact craters on a moon. In front and around him sit the members of Raiden and Mjolnir, drinking and talking. For a fleeting moment in time, he is back at that little bar some week or two ago.

Gus's eyes move slower than molasses, a tumultuous and violent ball of emotions forming rapidly in his stomach in anticipation. His eyes come to focus, a short foot or two away, on Geary, cradling a bottle of some Deltan beer. A smile dances in the corners of his mouth as he looks over towards the conversation on his left. Tears well up in the corners of Gus's eyes and his throat tightens. How cruel, it seemed, not to know. To be oblivious to the future. To be a cog in the endless machine of death, destined from the moment it's born to wear out and break. With a small wave of his hand he sends the thoughts of Geary's final moments away, into oblivion.

Gus continues down the table. Partially concealed by Geary's head sits Ralph, staring absently into his drink. What's worse, to know you are going to die or not to? Here, too, Gus waves away thoughts of his demise, as someone might lazily shoo away a fly.

His gaze moves on. In the background, Yui tenses her arm, dart in hand. Couldn't find her, he was told. Captured, perhaps, or worse. As if saying that made any difference.

In the foreground, Tippy smiles in response to some snide remark from across the table, Yukamo leaning on her shoulder, almost sprawled out. It seemed wrong, for her. Like an error, a glitch in a simulation. Why..? His thoughts end there, waved away.

Both of his hands raise slowly and come to rest on his forehead. He plants both elbows into the table, and the full weight of his throbbing head falls into his palms.

What more could we have done? What could we have done differently? Why didn't we save more? Why didn't we prevent this? Why did we allow all those people to die? Where were we when we were needed?

All the thoughts Gus previously dismissed come rushing back. They speak to the beat of his pulse pounding dully in his head, like the war drums of some conquering tribe from an era long gone. The voices rise to a crescendo before being pushed away by the sights, sounds and smells of the cafeteria once more.

The outside corners of his palms are slick, to match his cheeks. Gus's head slips closer to the table as he runs his fingers through his hair. He takes a deep, shuddering breath and forces it out slowly between his teeth, wiping his eyes in the process. His eyes refocus on the room in front of him as he straightens back up.

It all changes, now.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:06:16 AM by CypherX »

Jaakko collapsed with the weight of the day's events the moment he stepped out of the aircraft. He cried next to his aircraft before he could convince himself that it wasn't right.

He spent the period after pulling himself together to his arrival at Gus' table searching for familiar faces and his dogs. He whistles several times, ear-piercing whistles not unlike what he trained the dogs to respond to at the other base.

When they appear he finds himself collapsing again. The dogs tackle him and roll on to their backs. Talko squeals out of joy, while Jaakko sobs.

The dogs smell, and are covered in mud and burrs, even a few spots of blood, but they are unharmed. He brings them in tow to find Gus at a table. Jaakko stares idly at it.

"Tippy's here, right?" he asks, sniffling.

He rubs the dogs' sides. They flank him, with Talko pressing up against his side. Talko's eyes are shut cheerfully. He seems thankful that Jaakko is still here.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 07:09:36 AM by Mr. Hurricane »

Gus coughs a couple times before trying to speak. "I've been told so."

He looks over at Jaakko, crushed and despairing. "D-did they tell you who... who d..." He trails off on the first syllable.

"Thank the Gods," Jaakko says.

He seems to ease a bit, however much you could expect him to.

"I haven't seen the CO, and last I heard him he was in the control tower,"

He pauses.

"I haven't seen Yui, Bell, Whiskey or Yukamo. I don't know if Ralph ejected,"

His face is overcome by shock.

"If Bell isn't around, then that wouldn't just make me the new actual, that'd make me the CO! I- I'm not CO material... I couldn't..." Jaakko chokes on his words.

His eyes betray the fact that he's panicking on the inside.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 08:05:39 AM by Mr. Hurricane »

Walt enters and sits down with a heavy sigh, shoving a scraggly piece of paper with names crossed out or circled on it into his pocket.

picking up a stray utensil he begins to fiddle with it nervously

Gus looks at Jaakko sorrowfully.

"...Yukamo's dead. They couldn't find Yui. Told me she had been captured, maybe worse. Ralph is gone. Bell is riddled to hell with shrapnel but alive. Picked up on the highway. Pagodin's gone, too. I heard the CO got fried in the tower."

His shaky speech shifts into a cold and calm tone the more he talks. He lists off Mjolnir's casualties as one might recite the items on a shopping list, and his red and puffy eyes glaze over as his face drains of expression.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:13:12 AM by CypherX »

Name: Markus Hermann
Nickname: Scorch
Piloting Preference: A2A
Backstory: Born in 4889 in the Viertan slums. Markus has always had a passion for flying, perhaps as a way to escape his life. He signed up for a Viertan military program for youths at 14, and earned his license not long after. He started work on a bachelor's degree in computer science in 4911 at a small Aesthian university, where he also found a commissioning program for officers in the Aesthian Coalition Air Force. He pulled through, earned his degree, and a slot in the pilot training program, and was assigned to a fighter squadron. Later, he was transferred to the 514th SFW on short notice after the outbreak of war, and later requested a transfer to Mjolnir Flight. He earned his nickname from his wingman by managing to accidentally drop flares on the runway.
Description: 5'8". Darker, usually well-kept blonde hair and bluish grey eyes. Average Caucasian complexion. Fast runner, but otherwise average in build. Speaks Gothic, and Aesthian, while fluently, as a second language.
Personality: He finds it difficult to express his emotions, and is such hard to read. He doesn't make friends easily, either. Follows orders given to him, seldom questioning. Somewhat clumsy.
Kills:
|||| |
DEADER THAN DISCO - Battle of Zentragothora
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 11:50:00 PM by Gojira »