ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232280 times)

"Don't know if I can deliver it to pilot's quarters, since I'm not an officer, but I can probably get the footage. But I'll do what I can," she assures him.

Walter points at his helmet

"There's your free ticket into the quarters because some silly pilot left his helmet lying in the hanger, That is if I don't grab it for another mission anytime soon. I'll talk to you later, I've got some stuff I need to attend to."

He turns and leaves to head back towards the crew quarters

Graf stays silent as he wonders what can make that type of noise.
Whoever is up there. I call to you, whatever deity, in my time of need, to help us in the times where we need you. He had never done prayer before, but it seems now is the time to start. He finishes his silent prayer and waits.
Hilbert then begins formulating different scenarios in his head - incoming special forces raid, bombardment, among others.
Suddenly, the Kintharian sergeant points over your shoulder and screams.
: [Hit the dirt!]

Without waiting to see if you understood her words, the Kintharian tackles you to the ground behind a shot-up taxicab as the rest of her team takes cover. From your position (that is, lying on your back) you see a Hyperion scream overhead just above building height followed by a dozen or so Culexes. Considerably higher up are a number of vaguely V-shaped silhouettes moving along the same path.

Back in the ready room, everyone has been assembled for quite a while. Pansar keeps talking with Tippy about guns and explody things, Virvel gets bored and throws paper airplanes at the duty officer until Kommandant tells her to stop, Eremit quietly reads a magazine, and Frisk drinks more coffee than he should. The tentatively relaxed environment is shattered by an automated announcement over the loudspeakers.

"Attention: Hostile aircraft on intercept course. All hands prepare for combat."

The alarm sounds, and an officer representing flight ops enters the room to break down what happened.
: Alright, we don't have a lot of time so I'll make this brief. A Kintharian AWACS just notified us that some of their soldiers on the ground spotted a large flight of Imperial planes headed towards our position. Our radar hasn't picked up anything yet, but we have to assume that they're coming for the carrier. Get to your planes and get up there, you will receive further instructions once airborne.

Jaakko pitches his book into his seat and heads for the Fenrir. The anxiousness of waiting was over, and he feels an eerie calm. He has a song stuck in his head.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 07:27:29 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

woo 1k pages

I just picked up the damn magazine too.

Markus hops from his seat and immediately runs to his Tukreb, excited for some action.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 07:26:22 PM by Gojira »

Hilbert takes a second to catch his breath, still laying on his back.

"...Thank you, ma'am." he whispers as quietly as he can, waiting for the all clear signal.

So this is it, Lorens notes as he approaches the aircraft he had reserved. None other than the elusive K-22 Raven, the Mercanan interceptor mired in secrecy and believed by many to be damning evidence of a multinational conspiracy concerning extraterrestrial combat, now lay plainly before him, sheathed in multiple shades of RAM gray. Though he wasn't sure what to expect before coming, Lorens finds himself vexed at the sight. The prospect of piloting one of the aviation wonders of the world has melted away the trepidation he mounted from the previous operation.

... Ark, damn! This thing is ugly! Refusing to believe that such a fat, stubby aircraft could somehow hustle harder than so many other sleek-looking interceptors, Lorens decides to christen the bird SLUF.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 05:46:08 PM by NoZoner »

Mission Theme

The launch decks are depressurized and the shutters at the end of the runway raise. Crash, Snowman, and Kommandant launch from the Tordenskjold. Then, Tippy, Tempest, and Eremit; followed by Caesar, Blackeye, and Virvel. As the catapults start crawling back to hook up to Walter and Scorch, the first enemy contacts appear at radar range. At least fifty drones making a beeline for the fleet.

Up in the CIC, Bell, Vice Marshal Lawniczak, and Sky Marshal Tarkirov are viewing the battlefield on a large, vertically oriented digital display. Tarkirov is issuing orders to the rest of the fleet while Lawniczak is ensuring that his own ship is at full readiness.
: ...I want the Vandrare, the Grym, the Zemsta, and the Otmulig three miles off our three o'clock, walled echelon formation. Put a net of PD fire up between those drones and us. Have the Vilde reposition to our six o'clock and the Obetvinglig at nine, watching for any cloaked ships.
: Yes, Sky Marshal. Attention, AFS Vandrare, AFS Grym: Ascend and maintain 6000; turn right, heading zero-eight-five...
: Colonel, let the fighters know to stay away from the cruisers' killzone, I don't want any of our pilots getting shot down in the crossfire.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 09:02:09 PM by Qwepir »

: Fighters, be advised, stay clear of the cruisers unless you want to get hit by their anti-air fire. Blackeye, stay back and provide cover for Snowman until further notice, Caesar, stay in formation with Crash's group.

Accompanying the cruiser symbols on the MFD's navigational display are a series of red rays pointing from the noses of the cruisers. Lorens briefly confirms his location and makes the necessary adjustments to stay away from the cruisers' line of fire.

Everything feels right where it should be, Lorens observes as he looks at the front console of the Raven's roosterpit. He finds Mercanan convention a welcome change from Deltan design, noticing a few small things that carry over from his experience with the 'Hog. With little effort, he brings up the BVR scanner to the other MFD and cues the nearest Vespid in preparation.

Lorens watches the MiG-29 fly up to the Raven's side. He flashes a peace sign at Ash and gives a wingtip salute.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 11:17:28 PM by NoZoner »

Gus sticks with Mjolnir as they move get away from the crossfire.

Mission Theme

: Fighters, be advised, stay clear of the cruisers unless you want to get hit by their anti-air fire. Blackeye, stay back and provide cover for Snowman until further notice, Caesar, stay in formation with Crash's group.
: Aye, sir.

Accompanying the cruiser symbols on the MFD's navigational display are a series of red rays pointing from the noses of the cruisers. Lorens briefly confirms his location and makes the necessary adjustments to stay away from the cruisers' line of fire.

Everything feels right where it should be, Lorens observes as he looks at the front console of the Raven's roosterpit. He finds Mercanan convention a welcome change from Deltan design, noticing a few small things that carry over from his experience with the 'Hog. With little effort, he brings up the BVR scanner to the other MFD and cues the nearest Vespid in preparation.

Lorens watches the MiG-29 fly up to the Raven's side. He flashes a peace sign at Ash and gives a wingtip salute.
Ash returns the gesture.

Gus sticks with Mjolnir as they move get away from the crossfire.
The cruisers begin forming up behind the air cover's current position as the catapults are affixed to Walter and Scorch. SAM after SAM takes flight from the defending cruisers, streaking overhead (and below) into the distance.

4 turns to missile range against drone swarm.

: Hrm. Tell the Vaktare to deploy a squadron ahead of the battlegroup, in case any stealth fighters try to get around the cruisers and hit us straight on. Vice Marshal, launch status?
: Launch still underway, less than 30% complete.

Jaakko checks and makes sure he's far enough from the cruisers.

"I'd bet we're picking up leakers. Be looking for any sort of stealth fighters trying to get the jump on us,"

Gus climbs above the air group to search for stealth fighters.

"I really miss my Berkut. I got some kind of glorified laser thing on my plane instead of a UAC. Also this outfit is almost too tight, I feel like its squeezing the life out of me. Helmet is bitchin though, so at least I'm going to die looking snazzy." Tippy say's to Jaakko, already anticipating the outcome of this mission.