Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232180 times)

Jaakko frowns. He remembers hearing of Helian immolator rifles, or perhaps they were miniature HDRs.

: Hey, you were down there too. What was it like?
"I learned an odd smell. burnt flesh and everything in between."

Walter scratches the side of his neck and squints

"They didn't exactly have much cover aside from a few trees, as a result they didn't last long even with our supporting fire from the parking lot across the road."

"I learned an odd smell. burnt flesh and everything in between."

Walter scratches the side of his neck and squints

"They didn't exactly have much cover aside from a few trees, as a result they didn't last long even with our supporting fire from the parking lot across the road."
: What the hell were you up against?

: What the hell were you up against?

"Some sort of combat version Helian bot? They came out of four airdropped pods. We brought back the remains of them if you want to take a look, not too different from Elu other than a lot of bullet holes and damage." He pauses for a moment before remembering the rifle the presumable squad leader had "We also brought back what was left of the rifle that set people ablaze, when I got to it the thing had shattered completely like it malfunctioned. Can't say if it was intentional or not but I think it was given the damage it caused."

Tippy who was also present spoke up

"I filled that flame-gun toting bastard with lead and every shot barely seemed to do anything. Most of those holes were mine until the abomination turned its gun on me and forced me behind two engine blocks. It probably self destructed as the order of events indicates. Getting my hands on one of those without it exploding would definetly help us get a leg up on the enemy. I can't get the smell of burnt flesh out of my nose though..."
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 08:41:32 PM by Tayasaurus »

"Some sort of combat version Helian bot? They came out of four airdropped pods. We brought back the remains of them if you want to take a look, not too different from Elu other than a lot of bullet holes and damage." He pauses for a moment before remembering the rifle the presumable squad leader had "We also brought back what was left of the rifle that set people ablaze, when I got to it the thing had shattered completely like it malfunctioned. Can't say if it was intentional or not but I think it was given the damage it caused."
"I filled that flame-gun toting bastard with lead and every shot barely seemed to do anything. Most of those holes were mine until the abomination turned its gun on me and forced me behind two engine blocks. It probably self destructed as the order of events indicates. Getting my hands on one of those without it exploding would definetly help us get a leg up on the enemy. I can't get the smell of burnt flesh out of my nose though..."
: Yep. They'll do that. Don't want us figuring out how to make them or anything.
: If only we could. I'd love to get my hands on one of those bastards.

Walter just continues to sit and ponder before talking again

"Wait, has the Sky Marshall seen the pods we brought back yet?"

"Yes. He seems intent on sending them to Aesthian R&D."

"If it's self destruct is electronic, which i'm sure it is, a device that could throw out a large enough EMP could disable the device long enough for us to obtain one. Unlikely I'll encounter something like that again in a long time but...yeah."

"If it's self destruct is electronic, which i'm sure it is, a device that could throw out a large enough EMP could disable the device long enough for us to obtain one. Unlikely I'll encounter something like that again in a long time but...yeah."
: Pfft. Best case scenario, the EMP irreparably fries the computer. Worst case scenario, it only gets "knocked out" temporarily, and when it wakes up it kills itself.

"Yes. He seems intent on sending them to Aesthian R&D."

Walter turns his head and looks slightly misleaded

"When did that happen? I visited the hanger earlier but didn't see much going on near where the pods were."

"Jaakko, Cualli, Elu and I caught the Sky Marshal on his way there to inquire about his plans."

: Pfft. Best case scenario, the EMP irreparably fries the computer. Worst case scenario, it only gets "knocked out" temporarily, and when it wakes up it kills itself.
"Would love to try to be honest. I hadn't had my feet on the ground like that in a long time..."

Markus tries to find something to do in the officer's lounge, the events of last night seemingly etched into his memory. No matter what he does, he can't seem to take his mind off of what he saw.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:21:07 AM by Gojira »

Jaakko remembers Yui's look and shudders with a chill running down his back.

She'd gotten her missiles off, she'd saved lives that way. He reasons with himself. It's all that matters.

He shifts in his seat uncomfortably finally hearing the conversation again, he repeats to himself that he must find something constructive or containment, no privacy, and madness outside would drive him to insanity.

He shifts again and starts listening once more, catching the end of Gus' sentence. He looks between everyone, stares then to the floor, listening.