ABS FIESTA REDUX

Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232241 times)

Cualli glances briefly at the crewman, then back to Elu. "Were you... scared at all?" she asks, looking him over again.
: No. My balance is almost perfect.

Cualli stares at him for a few moments. "Just don't let treating people like that turn into a habit for you," she warns. "The last thing we want is for people to be afraid of you turning against them."

Cualli stares at him for a few moments. "Just don't let treating people like that turn into a habit for you," she warns. "The last thing we want is for people to be afraid of you turning against them."
: I do not plan on it.

With the Kronovostok ground campaign about to begin, Tarkirov leaves the Tordenskjold and transfers his command to one of the cruisers; ordering the carriers and the worst-damaged cruisers back to Tandhjulsken for proper maintenance and repairs.

During the flight back, Bell is summoned to the CIC.

Bell heads up to the CIC.

Bell heads up to the CIC.
: We've got a problem. A civilian airliner has deviated from its flight plan, is headed vaguely in our direction, and is not responding to radio contact.

Lawniczak points at a specific contact on one of the large radar displays.
: Pan-Aesthia Flight 6497, Il-62, about a hundred and twenty miles out. I need you to get a pair of fighters out there, see if they can determine what exactly is going on.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 05:34:37 PM by Qwepir »

: Alright, I'll go look for my pilots right now.

Bell heads down from the CIC with haste and starts looking for Mjolnir's pilots to see if they want to go.

Jaakko turns up to take the mission.

: Alright, I'll go look for my pilots right now.

Bell heads down from the CIC with haste and starts looking for Mjolnir's pilots to see if they want to go.
Jaakko turns up to take the mission.
Jaakko suits up and takes off and before long he has made radar contact with the lost flight, as well as with a ground-based interceptor also tasked with following the aircraft. Crash is still around sixty miles out, but Rocket is trailing the Il-62 by just twenty and is gaining quickly.

Bell returns to the CIC to find Marshal Lawniczak hovering over a subordinate's station.
: Go online, see if any news outlets have picked up a story about a missing airplane.
: Yes sir. But you're not... actually gonna make a call based on what the internet has to say, are you? Sir?
: Of course not, but it beats going in completely blind.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:12:20 PM by Qwepir »

"Friendly aircraft, this is Mjolnir 1-1, callsign 'Crash,' I have you on my radar scope now along with Flight 6497. Have you attempted contact?" Jaakko delivers in a rather flat tone.

: Crash, you might as well have him check out the roosterpit since he's in range.

"I understand," Jaakko replies to Bell.

He turns his attention back to the interceptor.

"Attempt communication with the aircraft if you haven't already, visual or otherwise," he directs.

Jaakko accelerates the throttle to close the distance faster, advancing to just under transonic speed.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:23:36 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

"Yeah, just came in their airspace. I'm on it."

"Flight 6497, you have left your current scheduled flight plan, and have not acknowledged local hailing from airspace stations. Acknowledge?"

"Yeah, just came in their airspace. I'm on it."
"Flight 6497, you have left your current scheduled flight plan, and have not acknowledged local hailing from airspace stations. Acknowledge?"
You get to eat static.

"No response, Crash. Checking up on it from a distance."

Rocket moves up a pace or so with the roosterpit to check on the situation inside.