Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232361 times)

Jaakko stays silent and wanders to himself what the spot is.

Eremit blinks and stays quiet for a while.
: I'd ask if you were serious, but... you seem pretty serious about it already. I guess you should know the feeling's mutual.
Cualli's eyes light up and she seems briefly conflicted as to what her physical reaction should be. "It is?" She feels as if all of her worries from the night have evaporated.

She squeezes his hand tightly. "Gods, I'd kiss you if it weren't for the mask, and I'd hug you if you hadn't just been stabbed," she says, laughing slightly in her excitement. Leaning in quickly, Cualli kisses him on the cheek, grinning. "How's that?"

Jaakko and Tippy finally arrive to what she was talking so much about. A few steps behind a unassuming bush and Jaakko found himself at a small clearing with a view of the city in the distance. Along this cliffs edge, a large boulder soaked in the setting suns final moments and at the base of it a little shrine sat, virtually untouched. A few candles and leftover sticks of incense accompanied a lamanated photograph of Yukamo in a jade frame which leaned up against the boulder. Jaakko began to wonder how it remained here unvandalized before realizing what this spot wasn't just for Tippy's memories. More little shrines dotted similar areas along the edge, this was a very respected place for other people as well. Tippy got on her knees beside hers and lit a candle, muttering quietly.

She looks at Jaakko

"The trail we were on was my most vivid memory of her. She took me here when I visited... I set this up so i could talk to her... I'm not super religious but..." Tippy trails off staring at the photograph

"I'll be a minute... unless you'd like to speak as well."

Cualli's eyes light up and she seems briefly conflicted as to what her physical reaction should be. "It is?" She feels as if all of her worries from the night have evaporated.

She squeezes his hand tightly. "Gods, I'd kiss you if it weren't for the mask, and I'd hug you if you hadn't just been stabbed," she says, laughing slightly in her excitement. Leaning in quickly, Cualli kisses him on the cheek, grinning. "How's that?"
The mask makes it incredibly difficult to tell, but based on what you can see of his face you're pretty sure he's grinning sheepishly behind the rebreather.
: That works.

Walter keeps looking at the knives

"If needed. I just want something nice looking and comfortable to work with for whittling or cutting cords in the bush."
Virvel laughs.
: Deltan longknives are lethal weapons, nothing more. If you want to chop something you'd use a hatchet because the grip is more sensibly placed, if you want to skin an animal or clean a fish, or... whittle, you'd use something smaller and less clumsy. Only reason you'd have one of those puppies is if you wanted the thrill of killing something without the use of firearms.

She points at the handle of some of the ones on display.
: Seriously. They've got crossguards. That one there even has knuckle dusters built into the grip. These were made for fighting armed men, my dude.

Jaakko hadn't given much thought to religion during the war. The Gods were there, maybe, and whether or not they helped or hindered him or cared or didn't was beyond him, and seemed unconcerning.

Jaakko lowers himself down and sits cross legged next to Tippy, resting his elbows on his knees.

"You go ahead. I'll be here," he says quietly.

He looks between the dozen or more shrines nestled in the clearing. Each one has a picture. Some in fairer condition than others. The city being cast into the shade by the dying light. The whole sight was peaceful, but saddening.

Jaakko rests his head on his clasped hands and looks at the earth between his legs, and is left to quietly reflect on those he knew who had disappeared or been killed. His throat tightens some.

The mask makes it incredibly difficult to tell, but based on what you can see of his face you're pretty sure he's grinning sheepishly behind the rebreather.
: That works.
"After the war, let's pool our resources and live together somewhere away from Moratov, okay? Somewhere nice. Start fresh," she says, her eyes still shining.

Virvel laughs.
: Deltan longknives are lethal weapons, nothing more. If you want to chop something you'd use a hatchet because the grip is more sensibly placed, if you want to skin an animal or clean a fish, or... whittle, you'd use something smaller and less clumsy. Only reason you'd have one of those puppies is if you wanted the thrill of killing something without the use of firearms.

She points at the handle of some of the ones on display.
: Seriously. They've got crossguards. That one there even has knuckle dusters built into the grip. These were made for fighting armed men, my dude.

"They look appealing to me. Maybe I should stuff one in the Shikra if I ever need one."

"After the war, let's pool our resources and live together somewhere away from Moratov, okay? Somewhere nice. Start fresh," she says, her eyes still shining.
: Anywhere's a step up from this place.

"They look appealing to me. Maybe I should stuff one in the Shikra if I ever need one."
: "If you ever need one", that's a good one!

: "If you ever need one", that's a good one!

"One of these days I won't be surprised if I get shot down finally, so it might be nice to have an extra option..." Walter trails off and begins looking at some other knives, realistically focusing on some smaller ones. "Maybe I'll get three knives while I'm here, or maybe you would like one of those deltan knives? I'll probably never have the chance to use it now that I think about it." Walter lights up with a smile at his suggestion
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:14:08 AM by Badger »

: Anywhere's a step up from this place.
She reaches out and thumbs his cheek. "Just you, me, and my robot son," Cualli grins.

loving tell her. The war is so distant. Gods forbid you end up like the people here.

"Taylor, when you're done there's something I want to tell you," Jaakko says quietly.

Foot's in the door.

"What is it?" Tippy asks, just finishing a prayer.

Jaakko shifts to face Tippy, still sitting. He lowers his hands and gazes at the dirt between his crossed legs, gathering his nerves. He looks up.

"I really like you- a lot. More than just a friend,"

He pauses for a short moment.

"It's something I've thought about a long time but with the war going on it never seemed appropriate to tell you,"

He looks at the shrine.

"I know we're here next to Yukamo, and I know you liked her a lot. I know I can never replace Yukamo, she'll always be part of you. She'll always be unique to you,"

He looks back to Tippy.

"I guess being here reminds me a bit of my own mortality. You've helped me so much over the last couple years and you've probably stopped me from going crazy..."

Jaakko realizes he's starting to ramble. He shakes his head.

" I like you, a lot," he repeats in a quieter, more subdued voice, "a lot more than just a friend. I don't know if you feel the same way but- I figured you'd maybe want to know."

"...oh. Well that's..."

Jaakko is quiet for a moment, and looks anxious. He glances at Tippy, before looking at the ground in front of her. He plays with his fingers nervously, and looks back to Tippy.

"What are you thinking?" he asks quietly.

Jaakko remembers that Tippy is usually very private.

"If you're willing to share-" he adds.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 07:57:26 PM by Mr. Hurricane »