Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1232413 times)

Tippy stands up, switches back to Aesthian and because to laugh softly.

"Is this it then? Is this what my life has been leading up to? Those men and women on that carrier, for all I know they're dead. It's my fault too, because I didn't stay and fight my friends, Raiden. Was avoiding fighting you really worth a ship full of people? Did they even get to know why they had to die?"

She turns to Musashi still looking at her from the ground, still grinning but from stress.

"Oh my Gods, Musashi. I think I'm getting ready to fight everyone."
: Tippy, whatever happened on the carrier is not your fault. If it went down because of a mechanical failure, there was nothing you could have done to stop it anyway- you're a pilot, not a mechanical engineer. And... this may sound heartless, but everyone on board that airship knew the dangers of this line of work. It would be unfortunate if they all had to die because of some poor maintenance, but that's just one of the risks of serving on a ten thousand ton flying machine.

Musashi stands up and crosses her arms.
: But, what about the last thoughts of the shopkeeper or the schoolteacher? Do you think they're going to have any idea why they had to die? If you are ready to look me in the eye and tell me that the loss of a military vessel is in any way equivalent to the destruction of a population center and all its residents, then maybe you should ask the Goths to put you in a cell so you don't jeopardize what the rest of us are doing here.

"Never. Dont preach morality to me. The difference being is because I think they died to your people. Wolves in sheeps clothing. Backstabbing liars and traitors. It is my fault,  and i was a fool for following you out here because I cared for some of you...  no matter what i say you will always feel justified. Ive been carrying the weight of two wars since my career began and ive had enough. Im not the imperials ally and im certainly not your friend. Im obligated to see this through but once the dust has settled..."

Tippy sighs and leaves back towards jaakko without following up.

Jaakko is sitting under the wing of his Tukreb, still arguing with himself over whether or not what he is doing is right.

Jaakko is sitting under the wing of his Tukreb, still arguing with himself over whether or not what he is doing is right.

"Hey. How are you feeling?"

"Hey. How are you feeling?"

Can I tell her the truth?

She'd wouldn't rat you. Except what if he does?

Jaakko shakes his head.

"I don't know what to think about all this," he lowers his voice to a murmur, "I don't feel like I've made the right choice."

He sighs and looks up at Tippy.

"I'll tell you the truth about why I made this choice if you want."

And if she doesn't agree with you? The thought causes Jaakko discomfort.

He looks as if he wants to say something for a moment. He bites his tounge.

"Yes," he replies,"please..."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 07:22:54 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

As Mjolnir prepares to depart the Blixtkrig on their sortie, they overhear Tarkirov issuing a general order regarding those who fled to the other side.
: Unfortunately, the rumors of Aesthian turncoats fighting for the enemy are not unfounded. Seven of our pilots have decided to fight for the enemy. This transgression cannot go unpunished. I hereby order that anyone who is confirmed to be engaging traitor pilots to ensure that they are killed outright by any means. Gun them down in their chute if you have to.
: Sir, if the Goths have already inducted them into their ranks then that would be a violation of-
: I know what you're going to say, and it won't matter. After we're through here, the Imperium will cease to be an issue and we will be the ones penning the rules.

Loadout check:

Around the same time, the I Auxilia Aesthia is receiving their ID patches and performing their pre-flight checks. Tuning into their squadron's given radio frequency, they find it already occupied.
: [What'cha thinking about sir? You've been staring at that Berkut for a while.]
: [I recognize that symbol on its tail.]
: [You do? From where?]
: [Taiton, Svirask, Koronovostok. We've fought this unit before, and it never went well for us.]
: [Oh... well it's a good thing they're on our side now then, right?]
: [Mm, assuming they actually are.]

Loadout Check:

Markus takes a deep breath before speaking.
"[I'm not okay with nuclear genocide. I promise you, I am here to fight.]"

Walter dawns his helmet and listens for a short while before speaking when there's a quiet moment.

: Guess I'll add learning Gothic to my list of hobbies. I hope communications aren't too much of an issue for us here.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 10:11:22 PM by Badger »

"Mjolnir, I suppose I don't have to mention that the punishment for our crimes is death. This is it, you'd ought to give it everything you have,"

While Jaakko is speaking confidently, he is still torn between deciding what's right and wrong, as well as by his conflicting opinions of what Tippy has confided in him.

"Walt, I'll try to act as a relay if it's necessary."

"Allied squadrons, callsigns? Don't want to just have to call you by squadron and number,"

"Your fates are in your own hands. Fight dirty and don't pull any punches. I'm sure our former leader has ordered that we be eliminated in our planes and in our chutes."

Markus nods, a grim expression on his face.
"...can't believe it's come to this."
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 11:13:04 AM by Gojira »