Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1246087 times)

"Herrman knows and probably Arkhip," Jaakko replies, "Nagato, they took our service pistols from our survival kits, as well as Tippy's personal rifle, where did you even get that notion from?"

Jaakko catches the glare of the armorer.

"Let's go before he calls the guards,"
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 06:07:28 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

He gestures over his shoulder at his squad leader.
: Well, this guy knows it at a conversational level because of a period of service with a Deltan squadron that had a bunch of Aesthians in it.
: It is a long story.
: Everyone else seems to at least know a few phrases; I guess because Aesthia is enemy number one over here, they want to be able to know what we're saying? But that doesn't mean they like speaking it, more than once I've been on the receiving end of someone pretending not to know any so they wouldn't have to talk to me.

"It's likely they've lost some friends or family, I remember speaking with Coaxoch about this sort of thing when she was staying on base with us. She was fairly alienated herself by the rest of the staff despite her knowing Aesthian. The same effect goes on here I assume for the majority of people, even if we weren't responsible for something were still an easy and convenient scapegoat. Especially if you're to find out who some of us are."

"One of the Nosferatus we were fighting with nailed my plane with those AKSMs, I think I'm lucky that the plane held together on the way back."
: stuff, we're probably gonna have to deal with a ton of those things, aren't we.

The rest of Djuriskas trickle into the messhall and take seats near their squadmates.
: Deal with a ton of what?
: Railgun-packing Imps that can kill you from BVR with their guns.
: Aw, stuff.

"It's likely they've lost some friends or family, I remember speaking with Coaxoch about this sort of thing when she was staying on base with us. She was fairly alienated herself by the rest of the staff despite her knowing Aesthian. The same effect goes on here I assume for the majority of people, even if we weren't responsible for something were still an easy and convenient scapegoat. Especially if you're to find out who some of us are."
: Hold on- what did you say her name was?

: Hold on- what did you say her name was?

"Coaxoch. I still have a hard time pronouncing her name properly. She transferred some Aesthian POWs back over to us after the war ended, then she just stuck around as base staff until moving away to Kintharia where she might be a little more accepted as a normal person.

Tippy sighs and almost leaves the armory with her friends but stops at the door.

"Wait..."

She spins around and approaches the desk again

"Why did you glare at us when Nagato mentioned shooting things? You can understand me can't you?"
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 04:32:50 PM by Tayasaurus »

Markus finishes up his food, still somewhat weirded out by the propaganda picture.

"Coaxoch. I still have a hard time pronouncing her name properly. She transferred some Aesthian POWs back over to us after the war ended, then she just stuck around as base staff until moving away to Kintharia where she might be a little more accepted as a normal person.
: Huh. I think I know who you're talking about. I flew with someone by that name who led a unit of Aesthian slave-pilots.

"Wait..."
She spins around and approaches the desk again
"Why did you glare at us when Nagato mentioned shooting things? You can understand me can't you?"
The quartermaster sighs and throws down his pen.
: Well I am not giving you a loaded gun anyway, so what difference does it make?

: Huh. I think I know who you're talking about. I flew with someone by that name who led a unit of Aesthian slave-pilots.

Walter roosters his head towards him while he slightly squints in thought "I wonder... I know a few times we had crossed paths with her on the opposing side, I wouldn't be surprised if we've gone against you also at some point."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 12:28:53 AM by Badger »

: Well I am not giving you a loaded gun anyway, so what difference does it make?
Tippy glares angrily at the rude desk dwelling Imperial.

"I'll happily take it without ammunition. It's more a keepsake that I'd rather not have stolen by red-tape."

Jaakko has his back to Tippy's side. He stares down the hallway with annoyance on his face.

Walter roosters his head towards him while he slightly squints in thought "I wonder... I know a few times we had crossed paths with her on the opposing side, I wouldn't be surprised if we've gone against you also at some point."
: I know we have, I recognize the unit emblem on your planes. Your people helped stop the insane Huit from launching nuclear missiles at Mercana.

Tippy glares angrily at the rude desk dwelling Imperial.

"I'll happily take it without ammunition. It's more a keepsake that I'd rather not have stolen by red-tape."
: What? What the hell are you talking about? I'm not going to hand you one of our guns as a souvenir.

: What? What the hell are you talking about? I'm not going to hand you one of our guns as a souvenir.
"There is an sturmgewehr 75 that was taken from my plane by whichever nosey bastards was assigned to confiscate weaponry at the time we arrived. I can't think of anywhere else confiscated weaponry would be held other than here. So if it is in fact here, it is nobodies but mine."

: I know we have, I recognize the unit emblem on your planes. Your people helped stop the insane Huit from launching nuclear missiles at Mercana.

"Hm; and now we're helping stop an insane Aesthian from launching missiles at the Imperium. Funny how that turned around."

"There is an sturmgewehr 75 that was taken from my plane by whichever nosey bastards was assigned to confiscate weaponry at the time we arrived. I can't think of anywhere else confiscated weaponry would be held other than here. So if it is in fact here, it is nobodies but mine."
The quartermaster rifles through a filing cabinet and hands you a document entirely written in Gothic.
: Sign that.

He then stands up and heads to the back, where the guns are.

"Hm; and now we're helping stop an insane Aesthian from launching missiles at the Imperium. Funny how that turned around."
: I suppose you could call it that. Why are you here, anyway? I have my doubts that you people would stick your necks out for us if it didn't somehow benefit you even more.

The quartermaster rifles through a filing cabinet and hands you a document entirely written in Gothic.
: Sign that.

Tippy stares at the gothic written language of the document for a moment as if she understood the terms and conditions and then signs it.

"I swear to the gods if it turns out to be this easy..." she mumbles, dropping the paper and pen on the desk.