Just had my first run-in with a phisher

Author Topic: Just had my first run-in with a phisher  (Read 1445 times)

>gets message from phisher
>posts link on blf

genius
other people have done the same thing before, i think someone linked to Spencer2015's phishing sites back when he was still up to that bullstuff. Since it's explicitly stated to be a phishing site I wouldn't expect problems to arise, seeing as the sheer idiocy required to knowingly activate a phishing scam that you were explicitly warned about beforehand is pretty ridiculous.

The .scr is most likely binded with some sort of RAT.

Run it, stub creator gets your computer information and details, can do anything from there. Upload files directly to victim's computer, control victim's mouseclicks, etc etc..

It could very well be a victim of a RAT sending you this, or the RAT creator himself. The way that this scam link is posted on a variety of random profiles and such leads me to believe there's one/two person/s behind this sending out the viruses manually. It could also be automated, but that is quite a bit more advanced. You can't know with these sort of things.

In previous links they did actually have an image, and that was of the Windows XP desktop background. I don't know if this file actually has an image embedded in it. Nevertheless, there's some sort of virus in it.

lol.

Since I've gotten a lot of them recently, I added

to my profile since I noticed most of them (edit: well, actually, pretty much all of them) have private profiles.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 11:05:04 PM by dargereldren »

i get like 4 a day
its annoying as forget

I don't see any unusual service or process running. And not like I had any items or games in my libraries in the first place. xP
Yeah, but it will spam your friends with the phishing link and then then they will get infected. Think of the repercussions of your actions.

So loving stupid.

I feel like my phishers per day just bunged up to 2 per day
I friended one of them thinking it was not a phisher
later found out and unfriended them

The .scr is most likely binded with some sort of RAT.

Run it, stub creator gets your computer information and details, can do anything from there. Upload files directly to victim's computer, control victim's mouseclicks, etc etc..

It could very well be a victim of a RAT sending you this, or the RAT creator himself. The way that this scam link is posted on a variety of random profiles and such leads me to believe there's one/two person/s behind this sending out the viruses manually. It could also be automated, but that is quite a bit more advanced. You can't know with these sort of things.

In previous links they did actually have an image, and that was of the Windows XP desktop background. I don't know if this file actually has an image embedded in it. Nevertheless, there's some sort of virus in it.
This guy knows his stuff, he's handed out rats himself!

i just block any private account that's level 0
don't even bother adding them anymore, if you want to add someone, they better be able to see your account

i just block any private account that's level 0
don't even bother adding them anymore, if you want to add someone, they better be able to see your account
i got sent at by privates at levels 4 and 15 before, probably prior victims of the rat.

i get like 4 a day
its annoying as forget
ditto, but i kinda got used to it

I got two at a short period of time one day. They both have King Gaben as their avatar

I got two at a short period of time one day. They both have King Gaben as their avatar
They usually have
Gabe Newell in some form
Anime in Some form
No picture
A my little pony in some form
the username [unassigned]
a username with random letters/numbers
private profile
a level under 10

I have studied them for 8 thousand miliseconds

I have studied them for 8 thousand miliseconds
This guy knows what's up!