Author Topic: Chocobo  (Read 8871 times)

I like it flat shaded better.

I did too until I got to looking at the wings a bit more. I guess Flat shaded is more the Blockland style. I could always do a flat and smooth variation and have them as separate downloads?

I've taken some (hopefully) clearer screenshots.

-imgsnip-

This is just the tame model, but the shading looks off.
It also reminds me a bit of some of the models in roblox, but that's probably not important.

The shading is good, I made sure to flip the normals that needed it (which was only the collar and saddle) However, your screenshot showed me something I need to fix in the model. I don't run shadows so I didn't notice it before. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 02:44:11 AM by Goth77 »

Completely flatshaded doesn't look good with rounded objects, what you need is more properly done smoothing groups

...And also fix the neck so that it actually connects to the head and torso rather than just being a cylinder between the two parts

It looks
ADORABLE :D
Anyway nice model, very very nice model

V2

*- Flat and Smooth Shaded Model available
*- Run animation slightly faster and smoother
*- Updated OP with pics

I Fixed lighting on smooth model as much as I could but torques lighting system seems to be acting weird on smooth-shaded models. It only does this with shadows enabled
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:11:38 PM by Goth77 »

the neck looks weird tho.
8/10 necks looks weird
btw, is colourable?

the neck looks weird tho.
8/10 necks looks weird
btw, is colourable?

The Chocobo already has a weird neck O.o

It's not colourable currently, as only the SAND CHOCOBO has been released :)

The neck looks weird because it's too cylindrical and doesn't look like it's actually attached to the head and the body

It kind of reminds me of a pez dispenser

The neck looks weird because it's too cylindrical and doesn't look like it's actually attached to the head and the body

It kind of reminds me of a pez dispenser

Ah. Yeah. I did fix that in the v2 as well

Thanks to Mod-Man BLID 117 for the screen shot :D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 07:02:59 AM by Goth77 »

All hail chocobos!

infinite/10