Author Topic: 3D modeling software help  (Read 423 times)

I've been wanting to get into making Add-ons and I've downloaded blender but I just don't like blender. Is there any "User friendly" 3D software I could use to model stuff and eventually release?

I'd like something with clear instructions, User friendly, & relatively easy interface

I also want to be able to create add-ons for blockland so what would that require?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 09:22:18 AM by ThatRandomGuy »

anim8or but good luck converting wavefront to torque.

I used to be in the same position as you. I needed a free, easy to learn, 3d modeling software that wasn't as complex as blender. I guarantee you, though. if you can get someone to teach you the basics of blender (plenty enough for blockland) you will learn that it's actually the easiest to use. I would be glad to help but im not capable technologically at the moment.

just trust me on this one, I know exactly what struggle you are having

Blender is easy for Blockland.

How do I load a model from blockland into Blender? I'm trying to load the default gun using the DTS file but it isn't showing up?

Blender doesn't have a DTS importer. There is only a working plugin to export to DTS. Someone was working for a DTS importer but never finished.

DTS isn't a default file you can just load or import into Blender. It needs to be turned into an OBJ iirc. It's been a long time since I've modeled and rigged anything for BL. But Blender is your best bet.

Milkshape. That or try using sketchup or wings 3d, those are pretty user friendly.
you'll only have to buy milkshape but its completely worth it.