Author Topic: Dear Society, Please Stop With the Race Card  (Read 8950 times)

well the real problem is racism. ignorance isn't even really related. I'm not sure there's anything tribal people don't know, that if they knew, would make them not tribal

They probably don't know that a black person's hands and feet are indeed, white.

cruton have my babies

They probably don't know that a black person's hands and feet are indeed, white.
Rubs off the police cars. old tribal joke is old

I'm saying that institutional racism has been abolished

that would be a stupid statement to make

institutional racism means that the government has an active agenda to hinder a group of people

this is no longer something that is supported by the US government. in fact, it is fairly heavily discouraged. illegal, even. police officers are obviously prone to corruption since they consist of a large body of citizens, and so, less-fortunate members of the force will always exist. it's not a good thing, but it doesn't mean the government is actively saying it's okay. it just means that people were given authority that don't deserve it.

Do you not know what words mean?

institutional racism means that the government has an active agenda to hinder a group of people

this is no longer something that is supported by the US government. in fact, it is fairly heavily discouraged. illegal, even. police officers are obviously prone to corruption since they consist of a large body of citizens, and so, less-fortunate members of the force will always exist. it's not a good thing, but it doesn't mean the government is actively saying it's okay. it just means that people were given authority that don't deserve it.

Thank you, otto-san-senpai-sama

At this point I'm just asking questions, because if that's not institutional racism then what is this?

Or this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_wage_gap_in_the_United_States#Black

If it has nothing to do with the government, what is this form of racism called?

And this is pretty much all of history class ever in America. The extreme oversight of Black cultural and societal significance in the education system is one of the main reasons behind sponsoring Black history month.

Um, would highly disagree. Why am I spending half of my school year on black culture if it's an "extreme oversight"?

When I asked her to elaborate on her idea, she said, "He's frustrated because of segregation and slavery"

I'm completely in support of the theory that people still face discrimination based on their ethnicity, but holy stuff you can't directly complain about something that you were literally 150 years late for.

Um, would highly disagree. Why am I spending half of my school year on black culture if it's an "extreme oversight"?
If it wasn't for black history month, the only thing I'd know about my culture was that we were enslaved and the Civil Rights Era.

If it has nothing to do with the government, what is this form of racism called?
It's called individual people being tribal starfishs. There are a lot of these individuals, but comparatively to the whole population, it's a fairly small group of people, and it's steadily declining. Some areas are more tribal than others, and will take more time to make the group become smaller.

well it's a kind ignorance towards humanity. if they understood how human beings actually work they likely wouldn't be tribal
I don't think any amount of understanding of anatomy would make them not treat them badly because they're different

I don't think any amount of understanding of anatomy would make them not treat them badly because they're different
i was getting more at the psychological aspect of human beings than the anatomical workings of the human body. the fact that race is literally irrelevant to a person's behaviour save from cultural influences which are based upon race

it's just racism by people that hold the power to employ, and it's also not okay and should defo stop

If it wasn't for black history month, the only thing I'd know about my culture was that we were enslaved and the Civil Rights Era.

Unless you're older than 18, I highly recommend you listen when you're in history, instead of sleeping. Sorry, but there's no more annoying person than the guy who fails every test and claims "I was never taught that!"

Unless you're older than 18, I highly recommend you listen when you're in history, instead of sleeping. Sorry, but there's no more annoying person than the guy who fails every test and claims "I was never taught that!"
lol slow down buster

culture isn't generally a focus of history anyway. in american schools, you'll probs learn american culture naturally just cus it's a function of the educational system. there are classes in a lot of places that teach about culture, but they typically aren't part of standard curriculum. and i agree that there's defo value in that kind of knowledge
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:57:52 PM by otto-san »