Author Topic: TheBlackParrot's Add-ons [free / open-source]  (Read 5281 times)

Updated the topic to include some of the smaller projects I'm working on/have made

and I'll get around to adding content to those 3 blank gamemode sections, it's really late as of this post :v

Gotta love your pixel art server:

Gotta love your pixel art server:

welp, don't img2brick research and you wouldn't be seeing that
sorry. :/

welp, don't img2brick research and you wouldn't be seeing that
sorry. :/
haha no need to apologize (ty anyways), but I don't regret my actions.

The mining gamemode

How do I....do anything?
You mention a matter manipulator, but all I have is a sword that does nothing to blocks, and I don't see any way to get the matter manipulator in OP or /help

Nevermind.
Can you add a clarification to the posts/help that the MM is your hands with nothing equipped?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 04:38:28 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

The mining gamemode

How do I....do anything?
You mention a matter manipulator, but all I have is a sword that does nothing to blocks, and I don't see any way to get the matter manipulator in OP or /help

Nevermind.
Can you add a clarification to the posts/help that the MM is your hands with nothing equipped?

I assumed it was obvious enough but I'll add it.

You should never assume something is obvious. Morons Not everyone knows what to do.

hey guise i uh hav 2 many rel life issuez and uh um i hav to stop workin on blockoland stuff!!!11!! /s

guys pls

I'm probably going to take down the Falling Platforms server once Raven brings his up, any ideas or suggestions on something I could put up/create to replace it?

small edit: The current gamemode will be packaged up for use only with the needed things for it to function once I take the server down, and I'll tackle any last bugs that may still be there.
Things like tickets, the hats, arcade machines, etc. will all be removed. I wanted the gamemode to function as a base for whatever you want to do with it.

edit 2: just got a really neat idea actually
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 12:46:23 AM by TheBlackParrot »

I'm probably going to take down the Falling Platforms server once Raven brings his up, any ideas or suggestions on something I could put up/create to replace it?

small edit: The current gamemode will be packaged up for use only with the needed things for it to function once I take the server down, and I'll tackle any last bugs that may still be there.
Things like tickets, the hats, arcade machines, etc. will all be removed. I wanted the gamemode to function as a base for whatever you want to do with it.

edit 2: just got a really neat idea actually
wat idea?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhUrls1hpOE
shoutouts to the crash at the end

So this gamemode involves shooting a laser that bounces off as many bricks as it can until it hits the edge of the play area (or unfortunately due to Torque limitations, 30 seconds).
The winner is determined by who has the most bricks hit (or "owned") after 10 minutes (as of this post). Players can steal owned bricks from other players simply by having their laser hit it.

I can go multiple ways with this:
  • Break bricks when they're hit, ending the round when all bricks are cleared.
  • When bricks are hit, they remain owned by the player, ending after 10 minutes or when all bricks are hit.
  • Determine the winner based on the highest combo. Bricks will change color only for effect.
  • Make it a last man standing scenario, where the worst performing players are killed. Performance is determined by how many bricks the player owns.
  • Keep it like it is, ending the round after 10 minutes. Whoever owns the most bricks wins.

I'm calling this "Take" as a placeholder.

Woah, that's something different. What sort of limitation is causing the 30-second thing?

Woah, that's something different. What sort of limitation is causing the 30-second thing?
If i increase lifetime and armingDelay on the projectiles (takeGameProjProjectile##) above 30000, then it claims it's an invalid value
Code: [Select]
ProjectileData - TempTGDatablock3(1510) - invalid value for armingDelay: Scaled value must be between 0 and 1023
ProjectileData - TempTGDatablock3(1510) - invalid value for lifetime: Scaled value must be between 0 and 1023

Currently hosting it if anyone wants to come try it out