Author Topic: Increase FPS?  (Read 2798 times)

Any suggestions on how to increase my FPS or have the game itself run smoother? My computer has 6 GB RAM,
750 GB (hard drive), and the core is AMD A8. Right now I'm on a speedkart server, and it's only going from
40 FPS - 70 FPS max. I also lowered the graphics settings, I don't know if that helps.

one thing you can do is decrease the draw distance in advanced options, which has the additional effect of increasing shadow sharpness

there are obv other tweaks like texture quality but really blockland's not a very intense game and it should be able to run decently on any modern computer

the main thing that would probs get you is the shader level

one thing you can do is decrease the draw distance in advanced options, which has the additional effect of increasing shadow sharpness

there are obv other tweaks like texture quality but really blockland's not a very intense game and it should be able to run decently on any modern computer

the main thing that would probs get you is the shader level
Yeah, I turned off my shaders. I'll try decreasing my draw distance.

Do you also think maybe it has to do with the latency or connection with the server?

i doubt latency would have a direct effect on frame rate in blockland but what do i know probably some stuff idk

Do you also think maybe it has to do with the latency or connection with the server?
This won't be the source of low frame rates, since your frame rate depends on how good your computer (most importantly GPU) is. A high ping would cause lag, which is different from having a low FPS.

if you're getting fps drops on blockland, consider looking at your processor's max speed, it depends on your CPU and GPU, a slow processor isn't good for anything

if you're getting fps drops on blockland, consider looking at your processor's max speed, it depends on your CPU and GPU, a slow processor isn't good for anything

noedit: you have plenty of ram, so that's obviously not the problem.

This is most probably due to your graphics card. I recommend investing in a new powerful one if you like playing games.

Are you seriously complaining about 40FPS-70FPS?

AMD A8 is like a graphics card and a processor at the same time. Don't quote me on that,
the guy explained it better. But anyway Blockland is now running 100 FPS average! Thanks.

Are you seriously complaining about 40FPS-70FPS?
I get 250 maximum

AMD A8 is like a graphics card and a processor at the same time. Don't quote me on that,
the guy explained it better. But anyway Blockland is now running 100 FPS average! Thanks.
It's still using your system memory which is only DDR3.

Yes

I get 250 maximum
40-70 fps is still very smooth.
half the time i only get 20 fps because I play on a stuffty old mac.

AMD's A-series is an accelerated chipset much like Intel's Pentium/i-series; It is both a CPU and GPU which is somewhat beneficial (better onboard graphics) but still not as good as a separate GPU in most cases (more independent memory, bigger fan, more shaders, etc). Most default accelerated chipsets from Pentium 4 era + should run blockland at 5K or so bricks with little to no problem, but each computer is a bit different, so keep that in mind.

It's still using your system memory which is only DDR3.
I am using 6GB DDR2 and Blockland runs like a charm. I have 1 GB of DDR 1 in my XP machine and it runs blockland just fine, although the stuffty accelerated chipset only has 19 MB cache on the video memory, so anything for than 5K bricks starts to lag, and after 10-15K the lag gets unbearable.

My recommendations for getting Blockland to run smoother:

*- Decrease Desktop Resolution (1024x768 or 1280x960 is optimal)
*- Decrease BL Window Resolution (800x600 or 1024x768 is optimal)
*- Decrease BL Graphics Settings
*- Reduce Falloff Distance
*- Reduce Render-Distance
*- Set-Reduce-Render-Latency Method to Post-Swap GL Flush

Ask your computer nicely, it always works