Quotes that inspire you

Author Topic: Quotes that inspire you  (Read 1604 times)

Title.
Post a quote, say what it's from and weather not you agree with the person above you's quote being inspiring.
I'll start:
"It dosn't matter how forgeted up you get, just as long as you forget the other guy up ten times worse." -A friend of mine
so like, if you get a nuke dropped on your head, but you drop 10 nukes on the other guys head, it's all good?

"stop pming me and find something better to do with your miserable life" ~girl on reddit

i started collecting stamps and i've gotta say it's the most rewarding things ever

so thank you, girl on reddit, thank you for inspiring me

PM her about the progress you've made, I'm sure she'll be excited to hear.

Yes

"get to the choppa"

PM her about the progress you've made, I'm sure she'll be excited to hear.

ive been keeping her regularly updated since day 1, but she hasnt responded

I've got better things to do tonight than die! - Springer, Transformers: The Movie (1986)

Quote from:  Planet of The Apes
"The power of a thousand spears"

"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin
Not an inspiring quote at all. When he said this, he was talking about how if we were to see many people die, we wouldn't feel sad for them, however we would only think of them as numbers. Look at all the mass killings in history, we tend to focus on the numbers killed rather than the everyday individuals. An example is would be the new media "1,000 people died in a car crash today."  When a single individual is killed, he/she is the only one we can focus on and we tend to learn a bit more about him, which can bring sadness. An example being "Joe died in a fist a fight today, he was the only casuality during the fight. He will leave behind his wife and two kids."

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."

-Clint Eastwood

"Ad astra per aspera."
- Anonymous

Go a little crazy, and everything will turn to gold.

I have a feeling that some of you know where that's from.

"We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each others happiness - not by each others misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone.
~ Charlie Chaplin

spend an hour of your day to pray the gay away