What makes a good jail escape?

Poll

Poll #5 - "What should the prison theme be?"

Modern
20th century
Other (pls post)

Author Topic: What makes a good jail escape?  (Read 2267 times)

/title

I'm trying to make a realistic-themed jail escape. That means that prisoners won't find a key in the bed, a guard won't get an insta-kill shotgun, or a warden team. In fact, I'm using a weapon pack that would fit the theme. But I'd like to know what you guys think. Would you want to cut a wire and half the power goes out in the prison and distract the guards? Would you like to see something besides a bullpup with a grenade launcher? What about the thing called "teamwork"? Should there be 2 prisoners that work together to escape? Again, I'd like to know what makes a good jail escape. I don't want to hear anything like "give the guards a super-accurate shotgun!!!111". Also, should the damage done by fists (the addon is like the one by tezuni's) be really low?

What ever you think, just reply with your suggestions. Some of the things that I don't want to see:
  • Streakers team
  • administration <--- I'm going to host this non-dedicated and have about 2-3 admins on that I trust
  • as said, overpower weapons
tl;dr - Post anything that would make a good jail escape

all of what you said, all of what you said

Be like mine :---)
can't build as good as you :(

and this wont be a jailbreak you skrub

The bad thing about prison escapes is that the same people play them, and when dead, they orb around looking for the best weapons. Balance all of the weapons, and cycle the maps and move item locations often. If not, every time you log back onto your server, change the location of the items or something. Any thing like your power outage idea as a distraction will be ignored by the guards or exploited so it's unfair and doesn't work as a distraction. If you only have two guys escaping the others will complain about not being able to play.

A good prison escape?!?!? This is impossible!

Make so that donors are not OP and cant change the song to something memey.

(Or you know,remove donors)

A good prison escape?!?!? This is impossible!

Make so that donors are not OP and cant change the song to something memey.

(Or you know,remove donors)
i'm not adding donors

Any thing like your power outage idea as a distraction will be ignored by the guards or exploited so it's unfair and doesn't work as a distraction. If you only have two guys escaping the others will complain about not being able to play.
alright, i'll look into it. although i'm not sure about the power outage, but i'm planning to make the map night, so yeah

trying to add a bit of stealth in the server

crown
and this wont be a jailbreak you skrub

The best way to make a prison escape with replay value is to use VCE to randomly pick a variable. Then based upon which 'scenario' is picked certain possibilities are enabled. The lock on the gun closet is broken, the janitor got slipped money to leave shanks in the toilet.

Guards do not carry machine guns through prisons. They have shotguns and possibly SMGs at most. If there are towers outside guards have light rifles.

Cells belong around the common ground, which then leads to multiple areas. Work out area, restroom and shower, dining hall, labor spots, in-prison shop (consider mining for cash to buy pills or other helpful items

Prisons have multiple layers of security. Guards would be above the common areas on walkways.

Cell doors should be automated

that's a really good idea, although I'm not an expert at vce

i'm totally against the "op weapons for guards" thing. i'm only giving guards weapons such as a rifle, pistol, or a smg. idk about giving them a shotgun tho.

the guard room won't be anywhere near the cells

cell doors will open a certain time in the round, probably like in 15-20 seconds so guards can prepare.

Make it sort of like "The Escapists" game.

Then it would be fun :p.

Make it sort of like "The Escapists" game.

Then it would be fun :p.
yeah that's what i'm also gonna try and do

but then should i add $$$ for doing a job? what would the money be used for?

Pills, bribing NPC guards, buying VCE tools (aka buy a crowbar, you can use it to open boxes for that one turn), soda machines, etc

There should be threat levels. If the prisoners go past a certain point, an automatic alarm sounds and guards get better weapons. Guards aren't constantly armed to the teeth, they get
Progressively more armed as the prison loses order.
Limit the armory to only supply weapons appropriate to the threat level. Pistols in area 1,
Shotgun in 2, SMG in the court yard, rifles if they escape the main court yard

Make it an ESCAPE, not a Sunday stroll. How do they escape? Are there MULTIPLE ways to escape? You sneak into a shipping container at a nearby dock!
You catch a ride on a train going through the woods! You bribe a guard to get you an escape driver! Stuff like that.

Make it so players drop items when they die. If a prisoner kills a guard with an SMGS and shotgun, they will take the weapons in a prison. So don't die or you forget over your allies.