Public Scripting Server

Author Topic: Public Scripting Server  (Read 3604 times)

for real? how poorly designed is torquescript
seems like hanging/freezing/crashing would be the correct response
it's an infinite loop that doesn't give the rest of the game any time to be processed, it hogs the executing thread

That has nothing to do with torquescript. Think about it...
any language would either yell at you or poop its pants if you told it to do something like that
seems like hanging/freezing/crashing would be the correct response
it's an infinite loop that doesn't give the rest of the game any time to be processed, it hogs the executing thread
yeah I know
after I said that I tried it with python and node.js and they had no complaints about running it. I expected a syntax error or something but I guess it was because I was confusing running it and making it. I figured that trying to make that function would cause an error because the thing inside it hadn't really been defined yet

they didn't crash or freeze, though. they just printed "hi" (which was the word I used) to the console over and over again until I stopped it

they didn't crash or freeze, though. they just printed "hi" (which was the word I used) to the console over and over again until I stopped it
That's because the UI and code execution have separate threads to work on, so the execution thread can go on and on as long as it wants and the UI thread will happily process the output, but unfortunately with torquescript that isn't the case

Something tells me my opinion isn't wanted

don't even give me that crap
you just joined my server, and the only thing you said was "lame", and then afterwards you left
that's annoying

I guess he restarted it after I disabled all the administration tools

I feel like I should write my own trust eval for anyone I give to for my server.

It would have levels of trust - This could be a huge issue if not solved correctly, resulting in major solutions to figure it out without creating weird loops (no not using "for" or "while", just using checking functions)

yeah I know
after I said that I tried it with python and node.js and they had no complaints about running it. I expected a syntax error or something but I guess it was because I was confusing running it and making it. I figured that trying to make that function would cause an error because the thing inside it hadn't really been defined yet
A function that calls itself is a perfectly legitimate thing that I've used in many cases
Of course you have to put conditions on the call or it'll just crash/break
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 11:33:21 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

I feel like I should write my own trust eval for anyone I give to for my server.

It would have levels of trust - This could be a huge issue if not solved correctly, resulting in major solutions to figure it out without creating weird loops (no not using "for" or "while", just using checking functions)
By the time you've got it to the point where it can't be used to sabotage servers, there will be absolutely no use for it.

By the time you've got it to the point where it can't be used to sabotage servers, there will be absolutely no use for it.

He should just lex, parse and compile TS in TS and implement the TSVM in TS with TS-level restrictions and a running time limitation.

He should just lex, parse and compile TS in TS and implement the TSVM in TS with TS-level restrictions and a running time limitation.
ya that's babby work

right, this is the solution

duh purplemetro

duh

I guess he restarted it after I disabled all the administration tools
i laughed
This is a public server where anybody is allowed to use Eval.
i also laughed at this

I should restart my Open Code server once Ipqµarx gives me the list of all default functions that directly expose eval access.

That was fun.  I made a function that randomized the colors of every brick on the server every quarter-second or so.
It crashed a lot, but who cares?  It's an open code server, I signed up for people crashing the server when I started it.

I should restart my Open Code server once Ipqµarx gives me the list of all default functions that directly expose eval access.

Oh right, I remember that being very well made.