Author Topic: Block Merging  (Read 1576 times)

Is it possible for someone to make a mod where you can intentionally merge blocks together to make new shapes?
Or does a mod like that already exist? If so, please link it to me, thanks :)

That would be great actually, but I believe such a mod would make some very ugly glitches depending on which bricks you're merging.

Technically this can be done 100% reliably/perfectly if you're willing to add another datablock each time you use a unique block combination.

So who is able to make merging bricks?

A few different coders here can, however I don't think any will, as it will consume quite a few datablocks, crash clients, and may or may not have a bit of troubleshooting and de-bugging when coming across special or different bricks.

aw, I want this, maybe duplicator support too if its made

aw, I want this, maybe duplicator support too if its made

How would duplicating merged blocks work? Wouldnt there still be 2 (or more) blocks, but merged?

If thats what your saying

Maybe it would only be for the standard bricks like 1x height, 3x height and 5x height and you can scroll the length somewhat like the system in brick scroll mod.

Maybe it would only be for the standard bricks like 1x height, 3x height and 5x height and you can scroll the length somewhat like the system in brick scroll mod.

If it were for the 1x1 blocks only, that would be pretty useless, why would you merge a 1x1x1 with a 1x1x3? That wouldnt make a new shape at all, unless you were using ramps or irregular shaped blocks, it would be useless

What?
Why would a 1x height be constrained to two bricks that merge to a brick already existing. Why not have a 1x height 6x length 1x width brick that you can scroll to become larger to a scale like 19x1x1 for example.

lbpguy20 is thinking planting bricks partially inside of another brick to merge them.
Dannu is thinking planting bricks next to each other to merge them.

Not necessarily. I assume you've seen the mod recently released to scroll through all bricks in the same category? There could be a mod to scroll a length to a brick, I think it'd be cool at least.

And maybe, MAYBE it can lower brick count?

Not necessarily. I assume you've seen the mod recently released to scroll through all bricks in the same category? There could be a mod to scroll a length to a brick, I think it'd be cool at least.
the problem is you need one datablock for every brick size

I'm just brainstorming here. I'm mostly blind to the technicalities due to my limited work with datablocks.