Poll

UNITED NATIONS: Return former-US territory to the USA.

Yay
Nay
Abstain

Author Topic: Nonnel's Nation RP: Earth 2077 - [AMERICA, THE BEAUTIFUL!]  (Read 239061 times)

Really a stupid rule, because that just means that people can't make meganations against the meganations.

Disband the meganations first. They weren't supposed to really happen (China was given by a player to Jun, Nonnel fed him nations). NSSR was big in the first place, it just ate Sweden after Sweden formed the Kalmar Union.

nssr is normal soviet union size so it is acceptable
china is super powerful by itself and really doesn't need loving iran with it, as well as being given to him by steve who nation swapped. it just ain't ethical i tell ye. i may have to cut it in half.

like i said it just needs a restart

i intended to start right around 1989/1990, so the soviet union would be crumbling. ex-soviet russia and china would prolly be the biggest nations you can get. its not a hard rule though, you can attempt to make a super mega ultra nation, but i would pretty much forget you with culture wars, corruption and all that if you managed to unify in the first place

everything would be pretty similar to this except for 1) daily NPC happenings, minor or major 2) no tech tree but some form of structure for research 3) battles a little more tactical than throwing your whole army against someone and having the GM crunch numbers. expect something like what grunter is posting. you dont need to give me troop movement maps and stuff, but simple things like "X amount of troops push to Y position" will be the norm

i may be a massive gaylovelord when im playing but i'm a pretty darn good moderator if i say so myself
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 10:14:51 AM by CypherX »

im thinking start in 1989 with 6month or 1 year/day timescale. I'll soft cut it off at prolly Y2K and see where we're at and if anyone wants to continue

really this is just a way to start over so new people have some idea what's going on and also so half of the world isn't a wasteland

is anyone interested or should we just keep going in this Orwellian sci Fi

its pretty bloody rude to be talking about restarting someone elses rp in their rp topic you know

I asked nonnel and he said sure. I don't wanna steal anyone's thunder so I'll wait for this to run its course
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 01:42:35 PM by CypherX »

I asked nonnel and he said sure. I don't wanna steal anyone's thunder so I'll wait for this to run its course
that's alright then, apologies

Idea about research: give "great scientists" and roll/decide to give research points for those who actually look like they are trying to exceed in that area. Research tankers like Operator who have a stuff load of ideas usually research everything in a very short amount of time.

i was thinking more like "you can research something like 2-4 topics that will take 2-10 years, all of the variables depending on how indepth/difficult/expensive it is to make"

in general if you can't tell me how it would work in the actual world with science i'll either not allow you to research it or make it take a long time

example: it is 1995. X player wants to research much better stealth technology, fusion reactors and mechas. stealth will take 2 years as it is feasible and already exists. fusion reactors will take 3 as it is plausible but expensive and hard to make. mechas will take 10(+) as it is pretty far out of reach even today

example: it is 1995. X player wants to research teleporting. i say no because they can't explain how it would work with science

i intend for this to favour the creative. people that can think up a good idea and get it to work in the realm of science will have an inherent advantage over others, as it should be. i dont really like tech trees because technological superiority just isnt really possible

at the same time i dont want to make this too tedious. if you want to do simple stuff like better solar panels or high capacity data storage you dont need to ask me for it. if it seems like a solid research item just run it by me i guess

its basically just what nonnel does, but i'm gonna note it in the OP so everyone knows what to do from the start

Nonnel didn't even really control technology much. Players did whatever they liked (like making space frigates and warehouse-sized moon bases).

i certainly will

no doubt it was cool but i wont let that sort of thing happen