Author Topic: Potential fix for shaders on Mac (For any developer to read)  (Read 1426 times)

So support for 3D textures is nonexistent on Macs:

Google brought me this:
Quote from: https://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/showthread.php/166283-GL_EXT_texture3D
EXT_texture3D has never been exported by any renderers on Mac OS X, and there has never been any support for glTexImage3DEXT().

EXT_texture3D was promoted to the core in OpenGL 1.2. So, look for GL_VERSION >= 1.2, and use the core function glTexImage3D() instead. This will work on all Mac OS X renderers that support >= 1.2.

I don't know the implementation details but it seems to be a straightforward fix to shadows on Mac. (And it would be much appreciated if it were implemented.)

Badspot pls

Windows is always master race but I think mac users deserve the same experience as us.

Badspot

• Administrator
It already this.  It will try to use glTexImage3D if glTexImage3DEXT is not available.  That's why it says "shaders are active"

Windows is always master race but I think mac users deserve the same experience as us.
represent

It already this.  It will try to use glTexImage3D if glTexImage3DEXT is not available.  That's why it says "shaders are active"
Wow, it literally says that right below it. I can't believe I didn't see that.

But then wait, why don't the shadows work then? Why does this happen?

-snip-
Computers that aren't up to date with OpenGL get that issue.

Badspot

• Administrator
But then wait, why don't the shadows work then?

I dunno.  But it's not because of not using glTexImage3D.

I dunno.  But it's not because of not using glTexImage3D.
Dang, okay. Thanks for looking anyways.

If you guys ever decide to troubleshoot/fix them it would be much appreciated.