Author Topic: Farm Crop bricks  (Read 1249 times)

I've been working on a farming mod and I have most of the basics done right now. I would like to start using some bricks that are actual models of crops instead of just different height 2x2 bricks. I've been looking around but I can't seem to find any that have been released. If anyone is willing to help I would really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:11:49 PM by devildogelite »

my only bet would be to maybe ask dren dran for his (the likely you are able to get them though might be slim. worth a shot)

what exactly are all the crops you plan on doing?

Use static shapes. You can scale them to simulate growth.

with the lag?

A few static shapes doesn't kill anyone.

my only bet would be to maybe ask dren dran for his (the likely you are able to get them though might be slim. worth a shot)

what exactly are all the crops you plan on doing?

I messaged him when I saw he uploaded it because the link was dead. He never answered me though.

I would do any crops that I could get models for. There's not a whole lot to change between bricks

That doesn't sound appealing at all. I would rather have different stages so you can tell where it's currently at.

Scale it and chance the color of the shape.

Scale it and chance the color of the shape.

But I'm still gonna have to make a crop brick, and it would look bad. If I was making a crop brick I would rather just make several stages of it. Right now I'm just using a 2x2, 2x2x3 and 2x2x3 as placeholders. Also keeping the crop as a normal brick sounds a lot easier than changing everything I've made to work with static shapes for little to no benefit.

You could always use code to plant bricks as a "crop growth" and destroy said bricks when harvesting. The brick IDs could be added into an array on the "dirt" brick.

You could always use code to plant bricks as a "crop growth" and destroy said bricks when harvesting. The brick IDs could be added into an array on the "dirt" brick.

One of my ideas was to make crops grow more bricks as they grow. That wouldn't be super hard but was still much more complicated so I decided not to. Another reason I decided not to was I couldn't make any compact crops out of bricks that looked good.

I could PM you snippets of my code. When I get home, I'll host a quick server for you to see how it works and if you want it so I can adapt it for your needs.

I could PM you snippets of my code. When I get home, I'll host a quick server for you to see how it works and if you want it so I can adapt it for your needs.

Thanks, it's always interesting to see how others work on problems similar to yours.