Author Topic: A new 15 second Halo 5 trailer came out yesterday.  (Read 2566 times)

so the bullet says something different every rotation
Son
Abductee
Victim
Orphan
Recruit
Solider
Warrior
Ally
Hero
Savior

Traitor

so the bullet says something different every rotation
Son
Abductee
Victim
Orphan
Recruit
Solider
Warrior
Ally
Hero
Savior

Traitor

So pretty much the growth of Chief? Since he was abducted to become a Spartan, and pretty much grew to become a savior of everything with the events of Halo 3. Now he's a traitor for more than likely leaving the UNSC after Cortana died. So maybe Locke is being sent to hunt him down and bring him back. I can't remember if this was officially described by 343 or not but this is my theory.

Also if any of you read New Blood I'm guessing the Spartans behind Locke in the teaser thing that was in MCC is Buck and Romeo from ODST

Locke probably is 'hunting' spartans, he and arbiter mentioned it in the halo 2 anniversay cutscene

Well the only Halo game I've played was 3 odst I think and I rarely played campaign so I dunno much about halos lore nevertheless about halo 4s plot

Well the only Halo game I've played was 3 odst I think and I rarely played campaign so I dunno much about halos lore nevertheless about halo 4s plot
Spoilers.
Chief re-awakens after the ship he is on starts to pull toward a forerunner planet, its a planet on the inside. Similar to the world that halo wars' plot revolved around.
Chief finds remnants of the covenant that are trying to capture a forerunner artifact aka the didact aka the sleeping forerunner who was banished by the librarian for his
actions and behavior. Didact is awakened by the chief and sees that humanity has yet to assume the mantle, essentially a weapon that turns organism into computer-esque slaves. Didact goes ham, chief gets an evolution, cortana "dies" and chief is ordered into retirement but goes ham and escapes.

Then there's halo 5....

what the hell happened to halo?

reach is one of my favorite games of all time and 3 was just as good, but this looks really stupid as a "trailer"

343 got tossed the keys to the halomobile and took it on a joyride and now its all scratched to stuff, the suspension sags, and the interior is encrusted with dorito dust

343 got tossed the keys to the halomobile and took it on a joyride and now its all scratched to stuff, the suspension sags, and the interior is encrusted with dorito dust
the helmet shattering at the end must be metaphor

the helmet shattering at the end must be metaphor
Master Chief's gotten too old and now he's lost his AI, it's up to Agent Locke to put him out of his misery and breathe new life into the Halo series in... THE LOCKE LEGACY!

What about Halsey though.
She's currently with the Storm.
She said she wants revenge. (presumably because the UNSC tried to execute her)

And what about the Janice Key?
Whoever gets both halves will know the exact locations of all forerunner tech.
Perhaps it will have a role in Halo 5 as well.

343 started to take a little influence from other shooters to try and draw in an even wider market. Furthermore, Frank O'Conner is a very story-driven designer and while he was responsible for a lot of the story design in Halo 2/3 (Staten might have written the script, but he wasn't working alone) which I actually kinda liked and understood, he's now trying to add way too many layers of complexity in order to give the player some reason to keep going until Halo 6.

These guys don't want to stick with the traditional Halo formula because they're not Bungie.

too many layers of complexity
I actually like all of that.
The more complexity the better.
It's the only thing keeping me interested in Halo.

Also the MCC is the stuff. The multiplayer is great although kind of glitchy, but the singleplayer is amazing.
Probably because it's all of the Halo games that I already liked before.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 05:26:02 PM by blueblur121 »

I actually like all of that.
The more complexity the better.
It's the only thing keeping me interested in Halo.
There is such a thing as "too much".

I don't want to know about the Forerunners. I want them to be a mystery that we get hints about, but are ultimately still dead. I don't want to know about any new SPARTAN programs, because it keeps taking away the importance of the Master Chief in terms of what he is for the UNSC. I don't want to see Halsey or any of the other expanded fiction characters, since they have their own unique and complicated stories which there simply is no time to explain in the Halo games. When you add those characters, you are essentially blocking off half your audience since they don't know who they are or why they are important.

Halo 2 was my favourite game in terms of story, with Halo 3: ODST in close second. KISS; Keep It Simple Stupid. The story was expanded in #2, but it was still easy for anybody to dive into and understand. Everything from The Storm onwards in Halo 3 confused the stuff out of me. Halo: Reach is also easy to understand, but it introduced SPARTANs like the UNSC was buying them from a vending machine and there was a lot of background fiction that had to be rushed through.

There is such a thing as "too much".
Yeah, but what counts as "too much" varies depending on who you ask. I don't really care if Halo 5's story crosses your line and is too complex for you. It's still far away from crossing mine because I like a big complex story.

As a long-time halo fan who has read like 5 or 6 of the books: the halo story as of halo 4 is stupid bullstuff. If it was explained in game I must have missed it, but I never got an explanation as to what the Covenant remnants were or what they were called. I never learned anything about the prometheans or the didact besides that his ending QTE battle was stuff. There was just so much fluff that was left unexplained to me that I couldn't get fully into the game at any point because I didn't know what was going on.

I feel that anytime a game requires you to do research to understand it, it is far too complicated. I don't want to go read the new series of books that was supposed to bridge the gap between Halo 3 and 4. I want to play the game and know what the hell is happening.