POLL: Merge this board with another?

Poll

What is the fate of the "Community Projects Board"?

Merge with off-topic
39 (7.7%)
Merge with creativity
67 (13.2%)
Change to content threads/forum games
281 (55.5%)
Leave it like it is
85 (16.8%)
Delete board
34 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 506

Author Topic: POLL: Merge this board with another?  (Read 74586 times)

I don't think merging with off-topic is a very good idea. Spam like word association and "above user" threads will piss off OT browsers, while adventures and play-by-post games like concrete heart and sid jairo's might get bombarded by stuffposters. I think a name change would be the best way of doing things.
Adventures are pretty common, as are a few combat simulators, both of these I think need to be accommodated equally within the Board title.
"Play-by-Post".

I don't mean to sound overly-critical, but I wonder what your reasons are to name it that.  As the Board is currently—and vaguely-named, it allows for a wide range of content not limited to Roleplay games, or whatever you mean by "Traditional".  (Please explain this bit, because I don't know what you're talking about.)  Adventures are pretty common, as are a few combat simulators, both of these I think need to be accommodated equally within the Board title.
traditional games as in what /tg/ is named after - DnD-based threads, basically. can range from concrete heart to probably spanish abdominals party because that's kinda like DnD but without so much structure to it; but it's still a bunch of characters going and fighting this and a GM say "yo u kill him" ect.
there's also a lot of threads a la homestuck/othre hussie adventure stuff but rubyquest was kinda like hs and that was not only on /tg/ but from what i can see is like iconic to /tg/ so
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 05:39:33 PM by *FacePalm* »

would content threads be in their own board or be off topic?

there are so many megathreads in this board for forum games and such that moving it in off topic or creativity would just fill the front page with megathreads of both boards. I'd probably just say leave it

traditional games as in what /tg/ is named after - DnD-based threads, basically. can range from concrete heart to probably spanish abdominals party because that's kinda like DnD but without so much structure to it; but it's still a bunch of characters going and fighting this and a GM say "yo u kill him" ect.
there's also a lot of threads a la homestuck/othre hussie adventure stuff but rubyquest was kinda like hs and that was not only on /tg/ but from what i can see is like iconic to /tg/ so
Quest threads. You're thinking about quest threads. /tg/ is primarily about wargames, card games, and roleplaying games; and questions relating to each. Recently it's started getting overrun with "X QUEST" threads that in all honesty should have their own board.

After reading the recent posts of everyone, I think a rename would be better than a merge. In my opinion, both boards have enough new content to support themselves, you might feel differently, but that's just my opinion.

ITS HAPPENING

um, no it's not?
shhh he's just trying to leet hack it's fine.

ITS HAPPENING
gonna remove because this is an annoying chain
also when badspot renames it, is he gonna move all the current forum games into here? like judge the x user or w/e
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:21:22 PM by Nal »

All I did was make a little joke using Inspect Element. This doesn't have to become a meme on the forums now.