Extreme storms/weather

Author Topic: Extreme storms/weather  (Read 1760 times)

April is here, the month of extreme weather! Storms and tornadoes for everyone!

Now lets discuss local weather.
Its storming really bad here, raining hard, thundering louder than a gunshot. I was woken up a couple of times by the thunder myself. School was closed as well due to flooding, roads have been closed and everything. Counties around me went on delay, I guess they think the water is just going to pack up and leave?
On the bright side we seen this coming and put a tarp onto the roof to cover up the leaks we have, so thats not a problem.

Discuss weather

had a darude sandstorm yesterday

im living in Saudi btw

The UK has actually had some really nice weather the past few weeks, rare occurrence for it :o

wind put a hole in my fence and obliterated the other neighbors fence.

I've had Gris skies for two days and high winds, that's it.

we still have 3 feets of snow on the ground in canada...

I had two severe thunderstorms go through last night. There was a lot of wind and every other lightning strike was less than a mile away and extremely loud. Never had hail though, and the tornado watches stayed to the southwest.

wind put a hole in my fence and obliterated the other neighbors fence.
Damn, I have a feeling that fence was ready to give before hand. The wind just finished it off.

I had two severe thunderstorms go through last night. There was a lot of wind and every other lightning strike was less than a mile away and extremely loud. Never had hail though, and the tornado watches stayed to the southwest.
We had about 2-3 small storms and then 2 large storms hit. It was bad.

The tarp on the roof held up! Good thing I knew what I was doing, I put multiple rows of special nails to ensure it didn't rip up. (the kind with the wide plastic collar around the top)
EDIT: Apparently a bridge got wiped out, not sure how true it is though. Its probably just flooded because a creek runs underneath it.

The creek in my backyard, which is usually somewhat stagnant and shallow, is rushing and over 2 feet deep.

The creek in my backyard, which is usually somewhat stagnant and shallow, is rushing and over 2 feet deep.
I'd keep a watch on it, those things can flood fast.

I love rain. The worst of it even.
Thunder starts to get a bit into the no-zone, especially because the danger of a power outage, which happens really often for some reason when there is lightning.

One time I was coming home from Six Flags or something, and we were on a highway. It was raining extremely hard. You know what happened? We saw lightning in the distance, and after that, every single loving light in the distance went off and the radio went to static. Scary. As. forget.

lel

also we have to wait until mid june for the first thunder storm

lol

Just seen it for myself, the main bridge to get to town was wiped out.