i'm following too many people on twitter

Author Topic: i'm following too many people on twitter  (Read 926 times)

two years ago twitter had 232 million members, dunno how much now, but that's probably still a good number to use
if somehow they managed to store every person you follow with only one byte per person, and everyone followed 2,000 people, it would take 464 petabytes
232,000,000 people * 2000 following * 8 bytes = 3.712 TB

Not that much really...

i have the same issue on tumblr where i follow 781 people and it's a problem because ill go to an art blog, follow the blog for the art, and then never see it because it's caught up in all the other posts and i forget the urls.
ive started unfollowing blogs that are people who post a lot of personal problems or sj stuff. not that i don't care, but i really just need to chill out more and enjoy art n stuff rather than getting angry about stuff i cant do anything about.

FYI 232,000,000 * 2000 is 464 billion not quadrillion.
yeah, I messed something up. I'm not sure exactly what I was thinking that lead me to petabytes though. that's a really big jump lol
464GB is almost nothing for what the site is
I wonder why taboo wasn't the one to correct me

the bot thing makes a lot more sense in that case

He's obviously too busy trying to follow more people and weed out his followed accounts to double check your maths, lol.

He's obviously too busy trying to follow more people and weed out his followed accounts to double check your maths, lol.
correct
also Astebreed

because i don't care enough to actually check your math?

i have the same issue on tumblr where i follow 781 people and it's a problem because ill go to an art blog, follow the blog for the art, and then never see it because it's caught up in all the other posts and i forget the urls.
ive started unfollowing blogs that are people who post a lot of personal problems or sj stuff. not that i don't care, but i really just need to chill out more and enjoy art n stuff rather than getting angry about stuff i cant do anything about.
haha, tumblr
those were the days

make another account
i could theoretically just have another incognito window signed into tweetdeck next to the main tweetdeck window but that would be silly, because i do like to actually share what i see too and fracturing that would be a pain