Author Topic: Realm of the Mad God  (Read 5338 times)

What is Realm of the Mad God?:
Realm of the Mad God (RotMG) is a "massively-multiplayer cooperative bullet hell shooter" created by Wild Shadow Studios. Players control characters who have been transported to the realm of Oryx (the titular Mad God) to become food for his many minions and abominations, which the players must dispatch. The game also has a perma-death rule, meaning if you die, your character is gone forever. The game is free-to-play with optional in-game microtransactions. Items which can be bought with optional transactions include in-game equipment varying from low- to high-level weaponry, pets that provide aid to the player, increased storage space, and aesthetic features such as skins and dyes.

Classes:
The image on the right shows how to unlock the characters. The starting class is the Wizard, and the arrows pointing from him show that you need to achieve a certain level using the Wizard to unlock the Priest and Necromancer. Characters with multiple arrows pointing at them mean that you need multiple level requirements for that class.

Gameplay Pictures:

BLF RotMG Usernames:
Khorde - Khorde
Flatflyer - Flatflyer, Flatflyerl, Crtrx
Freek - Dfbandit, FreekNerd
Fastlex - Emgiell, Turbostar
Camera - Erocaremac, Cameracore
Landmineman400 - Grelokor
Zombiedude - foxblf
Clone V.117 - cloney
16-bit Yoshi - yoshini
Mr_minecraft - dudenoep
Reficul - Ryuu
Rigel - Rigelk
Tlp300 - Hjklasdf
phflack - phflack

~ special thanks to wikipedia and other OPs for content ~
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:58:08 AM by Freek »

i played this game for a while once
then i started really looking into the endgame, and there was so much stuff to getting into the economy and trading i just gave up. working my way up to get really powerful to go out and hunt down bosses seemed like it'd take too much investment.

the topic
is back

I'm phflack btw

doesnt this game have a ton of bots in the lobbies spamming about cash sites?

oh look, this game again

Its honestly dead at this point lol

Kabam, the dudes who bought out the game from Wild Shadow, did nothing but monetize the game (selling top tier armors/weapons/abilities for real world money, making you have to pay either gold or a butt ton of fame to upgrade, etc.) and have not done much with the actual game itself.

Sure, they added a few interesting endgame dungeons like the Shatters, but that was fan made so they really didn't do much other than piece together the parts into the game.

theres still a crap ton of bugs plaguing the game (don't ever go into the Woodland Labrynth unless you want the boss to destroy you with its instant KO stacked bullets) and the servers have gotten even worse than before.

don't forget about the fact they absolutely killed the trading economy of the game by making all Untiered Items perma souldbounded (meaning you cannot trade or drop them publicly.), which were a huge part of the economy, similar to Unusuals in TF2.
and then theres a ton of spam bots in the nexus spamming messages to these sites where you can buy items/characters for money off some shady players which they've done jack stuff to combat other than the perma soulbounding which has done nothing to stop them.

Item Duplication is still a thing that's possible last I checked too, so they haven't fixed that either.

the game hasn't gotten a update in months, and Kabam has reportedly sold most of their PC games and moved onto focusing on Mobile games, so I don't expect them to really bat an eye at this game.

TL;DR game is basically dead, devs probably abandoned it, rip rotmg you were fun while you lasted.

still fun to run around and do stuff in, but yeah, it's not receiving that many updates
pets were an interesting idea, but I miss old RotMG with it's simplicity

I agree, it's slowly dying more and more. I still do like playing it tho

this game is boring as forget now

I agree, it's slowly dying more and more. I still do like playing it tho
Yeah, its fun to get into at times, but I've gotten and died with around 20 6/8 characters, and all of my UTs are on my main account which is unmaxed and my alt has my 6/8 assassin on it and I really don't want to go through the time to max another character, I'm pretty much burned out at this point

My game. My dawg. But dang monetization.

I haven't played in so long; so long, in fact, that my account probably got wiped during the time when they were migrating from the old Google server to the new one.

I used to play it all the time. Is it dead?

Oh my god. I used to love this game and I spent so much time on it.

But now its just ruined and pay2win.

RIP golden days

Oh my god. I used to love this game and I spent so much time on it.

But now its just ruined and pay2win.

RIP golden days

Took the words right outta' my mouth...
Get Kabam'd