Author Topic: Unable to fix "Authenticating..."  (Read 4147 times)

It says "starting client steam authentication..."

and just stays like that

Check your firewall and be sure it is allowing Blockland through.

Check your firewall and be sure it is allowing Blockland through.

It is. I've even tried turning off my firewall and running the game, but it didn't work.

Is your router blocking the specific ports the game uses?

Is your router blocking the specific ports the game uses?

I have ports 8000 - 8030 open. I've tried running the game with my router's security completely turned off, but that didn't work either.

Blockland by default uses 28000, not 8000. Unless you changed its settings.

Blockland by default uses 28000, not 8000. Unless you changed its settings.

yeah, sorry, it was 28000 -  28030

Are you using mobile or satellite internet?

Are you using mobile or satellite internet?

Nope. Using my home router. Cable.

Out of curiosity, which OS are you running?

This is very odd. You claim Blockland is allowed through the computer and network firewalls, but you cannot auth....

Right click your blockland.exe and see if there in an unblock option. If not, check the security tab and make sure your user has all permissions. I'm not sure how this would effect your authentication though O.o

This is very odd. You claim Blockland is allowed through the computer and network firewalls, but you cannot auth....

Right click your blockland.exe and see if there in an unblock option. If not, check the security tab and make sure your user has all permissions. I'm not sure how this would effect your authentication though O.o

Full control enabled, no unblock option

Do you possibly have Zone Alarm or some active anti-virus possibly blocking the programs auth connection?

Do you possibly have Zone Alarm or some active anti-virus possibly blocking the programs auth connection?

I use Avast but this problem has been present since before I had it, and I've got it fully ignoring my entire steam folder