Poll

What is your favorite gamemode in Arma 3?

Cooperative Mission
Role-play
Survival
Battle Royale
Other

Author Topic: Arma 3 - MARKSMAN DLC  (Read 4051 times)

so I bought it
I had extra money and I didn't have anything else I wanted to spend it on so I'm giving it a shot
even if I don't like it all that much, I might in the future

yeah I'll tell yall what I think of it after it's done installing and I've played a bit
ey, add me on steam if you do like it, friends to play with are the #1 reason to keep playing it.

ey, add me on steam if you do like it, friends to play with are the #1 reason to keep playing it.
also add me, we can do drug runs in altis

I run a milsim unit
Legit?
I wouldn't mind doing some coop missions with a taticool team.

Legit?
I wouldn't mind doing some coop missions with a taticool team.
Yeah but I'm not about to ad here. PM me if you are interested.

i don't own arma 3 yet but i think that putting in basic gameplay editions into DLC is bad because it splits up the playerbase. i mean, why would you change the basic formula of your game and then put it into a separate package?

i don't own arma 3 yet but i think that putting in basic gameplay editions into DLC is bad because it splits up the playerbase. i mean, why would you change the basic formula of your game and then put it into a separate package?
This was my thought with the helicopter DLC. Shame Bohemia is taking the Activision/EA route by making you pay for more content :/.

In Arma Cold War you had a lot of content. Arma 2 pretty good, Operation Arrowhead was a great expansion pack. However Arma 3 doesn't hold up as well.

Arma 3 has a great editor, they improved flying, improved tanks a bit, added things like firing out of vehicles. However If you looked AT E3 footage, you had stealth mechanics where you could steal enemy uniforms and hide among the enemy. Then they cut that idea, you could still steal enemy uniforms, but there is no point because the AI still knows you are the enemy. They also got pretty lazy with the weapons and gave every vehicle the same unmanned turret and unmanned drone. The game vanilla game is pretty much a sci-fi reskinned Arma 2 with some improvements. It was also pretty frustrating because they released the game bare-bones and it took them ages to fix some of the bugs and add content and the game still suffers because of this.

The RHS Escalation mod for Arma 3 is really good though, I hope Project 85 is ported over along with some of the old arma maps. Reanacting the Fulda Gap in 1986 was pretty fun.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 07:06:14 PM by Harm94 »