Author Topic: How I lost one of my best friends  (Read 1655 times)

All right, let me start off with that this happened a while ago, and is PROBABLY SLIGHTLY BIASED

A couple of weeks ago me and my best friend's girlfriend (we will call her Penelope  get on our bus, and we have a nice conversation about our gripes with feminism and etc. We get on the topic of rape, and we agree on everything. We talk about how it is horrible and how consent works. She actually was a little more extreme with her opinions, even going as far to say that if you are flirting with everyone you are kind of asking for it, but I figure she is exaggerating and respectfully disagree.

I say something about how it sucks that some people falsely accuse and how it sucks that being accused of rape will ruin people's life, even if they didn't ACTUALLY do it. She agrees with me, and she gets off the bus and goes into her house.

Fast forward to about a week later, someone I follow on twitter, who is also my best friend's gf's friend, posts something from misandry-mermaid (a sjw tumblr user) and while I agree with misandry-mermaid's post, I tell the person I'm following that misandry mermaid has done some scummy things.

NOW I WAS NOT DOING THIS TO START stuff. The person I was following always struck me as a generally good person, and in my experience, people do not want to be associated with horrible people.

She responds with "well you don't believe in rape so bye"

WHAT

I, thinking it is a misunderstanding say "where did I say that I didn't believe in rape lmao."

She responds with "Penelope told me that" Penelope tweets "Thank you!" to her.

I defend myself and Penelope texts me (she has my number because she was one of my best friends)
with http://imgur.com/a/bp1WF

I would like to bring up that I never brought up that she was raped and never victim blamed her.

I also never said anything about victim blaming being a good thing.

_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________

Sorry, I just had to get this off of my chest, it happened a couple of weeks ago but its been bothering me ever since.

If you have any qualms with what I did, tell me; I'm open to being able to more easily articulate my opinions and there is every possibility that I am wrong.

Penelope sounds like a backstabber to me.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 09:26:36 PM by plad101 »

Goddamnit I didn't edit the second picture. Ugh.

Remove her name so I can fix this rq please.

sorry but what a bitch

What a cunt.

I feel bad for you, dude. I really do.

Now do you see, Eden?

give us the twitter account name  :cookieMonster:

stick it in her pooper

without consent B)

give us the twitter account name  :cookieMonster:
In all honesty, P's friend isn't intolerable. After the "argument" we apologized to each other and we cool.

In all honesty, P's friend isn't intolerable. After the "argument" we apologized to each other and we cool.

honestly, she doesn't sound like someone you should keep close ties with, lol

for all we know their definition of "rape" would be "HE LOOKED AT ME"

names are still there "jacob & sarah"
nobody will really care though

Yeah when the word "rape" comes around everyone considers it guilty until proven innocent.

names are still there "jacob & sarah"

gud find

honestly, she doesn't sound like someone you should keep close ties with, lol

for all we know their definition of "rape" would be "HE LOOKED AT ME"
The only reason I even slightly talk to P is that her boyfriend is my best friend of like 6 years. She's a bitch with a victim complex, and I feel like she emotionally abuses him but that's just from what I see and hear.

P's friend isn't someone I talk to on the regular, by "we cool" I mean "we don't hate each other I think probably"

names are still there
Whatever I tried lmao ugh
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 09:57:17 PM by Donro98 »

Why did either of you bring it upon yourselves to have that kind of conversation in the first place.

I mean I know it's healthy to share opinions on serious issues but if you don't want it to come back on you for no reason then don't say it.
Some people cannot keep their mouths shut no matter how well you think you know them.