Who's excited for Star Citizen?

Author Topic: Who's excited for Star Citizen?  (Read 875 times)

Probably won't be getting it any time soon, but it looks freakin' sweet (I'm a sucker for immersive and true open world gameplay).

Only thing that I think is kinda weird is the purchasing system. But I guess that's kinda just another part of the "realism" it claims to have.

Find out more here if you are uninformed: http://robertspaceindustries.com

I'm not sure if the developers can live up to the expectations. I'm personally more interested in Elite: Dangerous.

As an owner of Elite: Dangerous

I'M loving HYPED

i tried the 20GB "tech" demo for the pax people and it's really cool...just not on my hardware.

the game is so detailed that it barely runs on my geforce GTX 760 FTW edition. elite: dangerous i can actually max the forget out on, though it needs more to do than trading and combat (mining is essentially a minigame until 1.3 which sounds interesting, but not enough for me to open the game again)

for a $70 million dollar budget, they're really taking their time on this and i'm excited to see what chris roberts and RSI have in store for this.

i tried the 20GB "tech" demo for the pax people and it's really cool...just not on my hardware.

the game is so detailed that it barely runs on my geforce GTX 760 FTW edition. elite: dangerous i can actually max the forget out on, though it needs more to do than trading and combat (mining is essentially a minigame until 1.3 which sounds interesting, but not enough for me to open the game again)

for a $70 million dollar budget, they're really taking their time on this and i'm excited to see what chris roberts and RSI have in store for this.
from what i've seen, it's looking like a game that needs one hell of a rig to play right, which for some people is a cool prospect, but at the same time i think it's going to price people out.

I actually backed money into this and have this run down hanger of sorts and some sort of star fighter. I don't know what its called but its the one with a pilot's seat and a top gunner. Now comes the choice of upgrading parts of my computer one at a time or selling it/buying a new rig.

What are your CPU and RAM setups like, though? Although it says 8GB minimum for RAM, I would say have at least 12GB to be safe for an HD open-world game (graphically, I can run games like Planetside 2 on max, but I get lag spikes because I only have 8GB of RAM, +3 on my GPU). I myself am planning to get 8GB more sometime soon, for both games and my Adobe software...