Bank Robbing Idea (Wave spawning?)

Poll

Would you want to play some sort of Bank Robbing server in Blockland?

Yeah I'd be up for it
18 (94.7%)
Nah
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Bank Robbing Idea (Wave spawning?)  (Read 1650 times)

So I've been messing around with Blockland lately and I've realized we don't have many Bank Robbing/Cops and Roobers servers out there, it would make the server variety alot better IMO and spice things up a little bit, but I'm just curious if the community really wants this sorta stuff.

I've also been playing alot of Payday 2, and looking at some Battlefield Hardline (The vehicle chase stuff mostly) and wondered if I could replicate something like it in Blockland.

What I'm thinking is a scenario where one team has to capture a sort of flag or item, and only the Robbers can capture it, the Police are supposed to stop them at all costs, sounds simple right? However one of the catches is that the capture area is at some sort of hideout or enemy base, resulting in a car chase and multiple shootouts along the way, possibly 3 if you wanna get technical (Starting area > Car Chase > Ending section).

Robbers will only be able to win by capturing what they stole, The Police however can win by eliminating all of them or stopping them within a time limit.

Most of this stuff is just sorta ideas but heres what I wanna put in:

Player driven car chases, and shootouts

Accurate weaponry, Cops have more powerful weapons and Robbers have lower tier or some sort of "equalizer"

"Wave spawn system"

A Strange neutral CTF type of gamemode

Downtown City sort of setting, possibly leading to a highway or countryside

Big Map but easy enough to know where you are going

Faction catered vehicles, Police may even get a Helicopter, Robbers get a few sports cars B)

Multiple ways to capture, Cops should keep on their toes

Possible Payday 2 Music imported for atmosphere?

Also so hows this sorta system sound?

They have classes but can only be spawned in every so often, like by making the brick they click to choose a class with dissapear for a minute or two then coming back that way they aren't overrunning the robbers with snipers and junk.

So far I've thought of:

Police Team:

Cops: Unlimited spawns but not the greatest weaponry, think shotguns, pistols, single shot stuff etc.

SWAT Troops: Fairly commonly spawned in, all rounders with a little armor, and some automatic weapons

Snipers: Spawn in every so often, weaker dudes but with powerful, long range weapons, maybe spawns on rooftops?

Bulldozer: Spawns in once in a while, Big dude with big armor, and a big gun, huge defensive asset and for people who wanna storm the front.

Robbers Team:

Criminal: Unlimited spawns, but with only single shot weapons like the cops.

Heister: Spawns in fairly commonly, experienced all rounder guys with a little armor and some better guns

Hitman: Spawns in fairly often, a weaker player but with a powerful sniper rifle.

Enforcer: A big guy with a big gun, or flamethrower, or a rocket launcher for dealing with the other big guys.

This way the teams can sort of spawn in waves and might force people out of their comfort zone aswell.

I may remove the wave spawning feature for the Robbers and just let them choose guns or something but have limited lives, it's still just ideas at this point.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 01:18:33 AM by Frostbyte »

Honestly I would love to see this kind of server go up, my friend once made some payday like thing, wasn't perfect tho, and didn't someone make a police chase?

I'd love to see those two together, not just a "get the money and you win"

To be honest, a complete replica of Payday2 bank heist would be awesome. I know Muzzles made a build of that bank before.

yesterday i thought the EXACT SAME THING except i wanted multiple maps like a museum where you steal a diamond

yeah i'll totally make it

To be honest, a complete replica of Payday2 bank heist would be awesome.

Vehicle physics would be a problem tho

when cars crash and they get stuck on buildings, lampost...

PD2+GTA5+BF= BF hardline

Vehicle physics would be a problem tho

when cars crash and they get stuck on buildings, lampost...
I've found a good road pack to use and vehicles aswell, big enough to easily turn at 90 degree angles in a bustling city.

Sounds sweet. New servers are always fun plus it just sounds awesome! If you need help with the building or events I would be happy to help.

That'd be nice, I'm just wondering how I would start it though, do the robbers have to run in or should I just have it start after they have set off the alarms, and then the cops arrive?

I'll help if someone puts a server up.

If a topic with this title were in OT, it would be a whole different story.

I made a bank a while back, it was based off the one in PD2 and I never finished it but its pretty nice and has a vault complete with lockboxes and gold. I even made some dupes for bags of cash and drugs.

Like I said it wasn't finished and it was during the time where I wasn't really efficient at building, I might try rebuilding a better bank soon but until I have time or until you start nagging me its probably not going to happen.

That is pretty cool but I might look into making my own, maybe based off of Big Bank hehe.

Also so hows this sorta system for the Cops sound?

They have classes but can only be spawned in every so often, like by making the brick they click to choose a class with dissapear for a minute or two then coming back that way they aren't overrunning the robbers with snipers and junk.

So far I've thought of:

Cops: Unlimited spawns but not the greatest weaponry, think shotguns, pistols, single shot stuff etc.

SWAT Troops: Fairly commonly spawned in, all rounders with a little armor, and some automatic weapons

Snipers: Spawn in every so often, weaker dudes but with powerful, long range weapons, maybe spawns on rooftops?

Bulldozer: Spawns in once in a while, Big dude with big armor, and a big gun, huge defensive asset and for people who wanna storm the front.

This way the cops can sort of spawn in waves too and might force people out of their comfort zone aswell. Maybe I'll give this to the Robbers aswell might be a neat little gimick for this server.

Also I tested the pack Im using on a "Bulldozer" type of class, took 10 sniper shots (5 per mag) to take down, normally one or two is just needed, now to factor in armor...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:58:17 AM by Frostbyte »