Australia releases "no jab, no pay" policy

Poll

Your view?

It's good
149 (90.9%)
It's bad
15 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 164

Author Topic: Australia releases "no jab, no pay" policy  (Read 7536 times)

half the stuff you don't even have a clue what they're putting into you.
do you take painkillers? or antibiotics? maybe even vitamins? I'm certain you do take at least one of those or have before, and you don't have any idea what goes into that stuff either

You don't vaccinate your kid, knowing that you're endangering your child and other children, and another child contracts a preventable disease from your child and dies because of it. Assuming the parents of the other child could prove that the child had spread it to theirs, the parent would be morally and legally responsible, if the parents were to press charges. Possible charges include child endangerment, criminal negligence (which in this case is very similar to child endangerment) and manslaughter. (Disclaimer: I'm not a certified E-Lawyer™ and these are just educated guesses based off what I found on the internet.)
Those are educated guesses but here's a good anology, if my father does not give me a vaccination for the flu, and I get a small child sick from the flu because I did not have the vaccination, and that small child is not developed to where it has a strong immune system yet and it dies. I ask you, is my father to be charged with manslaughter?

Those are educated guesses but here's a good anology, if my father does not give me a vaccination for the flu, and I get a small child sick from the flu because I did not have the vaccination, and that small child is not developed to where it has a strong immune system yet and it dies. I ask you, is my father to be charged with manslaughter?
Child neglect would be the most appropriate charge since he did not vaccinate you.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:14:19 PM by Planr »

Child neglect would be the most appropriate charge since he did  not vaccinate you
I agree.

If the parents of that small child have a good enough legal team, possibly. Again, educated guesses. I have no idea how it would actually turn out in a court of law, but theoretically the father could be held legally responsible, as his actions alone are directly tied to the death of the child.

Not according to US law.
if literally your only justification for doing something stupid is 'oh, its not illegal', maybe you should reconsider some things.

if literally your only justification for doing something stupid is 'oh, its not illegal', maybe you should reconsider some things.
No, no, you're right I was just saying that you wouldn't be charged for manslaughter.

its pie crust all over again

I feel that this should be enforced in many other places, as I'm sure other people have said already, I don't want to die cause some idiot let small pox develop into a more dangerous string. That's just my opinion and I understand if you disagree.

Slippery loving slope there. That might be a valid point if I was saying not to vaccinate your kids. You definitely should vaccinate your kids. My argument is that it shouldn't be a legal compulsion, it should just be something that people do.
Well when people don't do it, bad stuff happens. This isn't the first time society has wanted to use the government in order to make people act reasonably. It's a crime not to wash your hands if you work in a restaurant (as far as I know).

You're right. There is no justification for abstaining from them. However I will argue to the end of the earth that it is your freedom as a human to not vaccinate yourself or your kids if you don't want to. People should almost never be compelled to do things that they don't want to do by the government. That should only be the case in extreme situations.
I consider this an extreme situation.

I feel that this should be enforced in many other places, as I'm sure other people have said already, I don't want to die cause some idiot let small pox develop into a more dangerous string. That's just my opinion and I understand if you disagree.
I could have sworn public schools required children to be vaccinated to attend
Or maybe it's a state/district decision, or not done anymore?

I could have sworn public schools required children to be vaccinated to attend
Or maybe it's a state/district decision, or not done anymore?
Mine do, but because there are spiritual objections to using them and no legal compulsion to do so, many people just don't bother. Usually has nothing to do with religion either. They're just lazy or stupid.