Author Topic: Hearthstone Megathread | Officially P2W  (Read 9487 times)

Thinking about getting into this game, is it in any way P2W? And If it isn't, can I have some tips?

At this point it's basically p2w. People like me who have been around since the beta can conceivably have most of the cards without having paid any money, but people getting into it now are lightyears behind the rest of us.

At this point it's basically p2w. People like me who have been around since the beta can conceivably have most of the cards without having paid any money, but people getting into it now are lightyears behind the rest of us.
it is very p2w
have either of you ever played a card game? it's inevitable that new sets add more cards and dropping more money will make that easier
go play a physical card game without disenchanting, a free to play game needs to make money
at least you can get a pack a day just for playing
also, professionals have gotten legend with entirely f2p decks and accounts
like i hate to break it to you but you are not the best players in the world and its not always necessary to have every card to build a strong deck
i havent paid them money in weeks except for my magni portrait because i like dwarves
i dust cards i dont play
and i have no problems whatsoever

I understand the need for them to make money, but the issue I've seen is that you need to haul out like $500 just to 'get into the game' (competitively), which is absolutely ridiculous. It's an issue that could be solved really easily if they added trading, since that way it would be easier to obtain just the cards you need rather than paying for packs until you get the cards you need (Enchanting doesn't help much since cards are so expensive to enchant).

a free to play game needs to make money
are you implying blizzard isn't making any money off of their other games and they couldn't have one actual free to play game?

yeah like don't you have to pay $15 a month to play WoW at a higher level

are you implying blizzard isn't making any money off of their other games and they couldn't have one actual free to play game?

this is the stupidest thing I've read today

this is the stupidest thing I've read today
mind explaining why instead of stuffting on me and walking away?

mind explaining why instead of stuffting on me and walking away?
Blizzard is a company, and companys are usually run by investors. The investor's goal is almost always to make as much money as possible, not to necessarily make a good product. As a game company, Blizzard usually makes money by creating a high quality game that attracts lots of players and then monetizing the hell out of it. They can't just make a game that is 'actually free to play', because their investors don't want to be wasting money on something that doesn't make them money. This is just how businesses work in a nutshell.

Blizzard is a company, and companys are usually run by investors. The investor's goal is almost always to make as much money as possible, not to necessarily make a good product. As a game company, Blizzard usually makes money by creating a high quality game that attracts lots of players and then monetizing the hell out of it. They can't just make a game that is 'actually free to play', because their investors don't want to be wasting money on something that doesn't make them money. This is just how businesses work in a nutshell.
thanks for explaining and now i understand why what i typed was pretty dumb
i forgot about the goddamn investors

can someone link me to a good starting deck for priest? i can't seem to get synergy going, and i keep playing against shaman who stack buffs and stuff and destroy me

they're a business, if you can make money, you make money, resources cost money, ability for a game to sustain itself is important
kinddddddd of need money to do that
can someone link me to a good starting deck for priest? i can't seem to get synergy going, and i keep playing against shaman who stack buffs and stuff and destroy me
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/340152-Annoying Oranges-f2p-priest-2-1

I understand the need for them to make money, but the issue I've seen is that you need to haul out like $500 just to 'get into the game' (competitively), which is absolutely ridiculous. It's an issue that could be solved really easily if they added trading, since that way it would be easier to obtain just the cards you need rather than paying for packs until you get the cards you need (Enchanting doesn't help much since cards are so expensive to enchant).
name a cheaper tcg that'll let you just make the cards you can't find
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 09:22:41 PM by Moriarty »

name a cheaper tcg that'll let you just make the cards you can't find
I said trading, not making. If there was trading, I'd think enchanting would simply be removed.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 09:26:44 PM by Pecon »

kinddddddd of need money to do thathttp://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/340152-Annoying Oranges-f2p-priest-2-1
that's not a basic deck
its just the deck Annoying Orange uses in his F2P playthrough