Author Topic: Blockland Glass Mod Manager [Released!]  (Read 34560 times)

Maybe you should add a "Remember on this computer" function. Where you don't have to sign in every time. You just switch it on and bam there. Other than that it's fine.

Alright, there was a PHP configuration issue. It's fixed now.

You should add the ability to mark certain common files (like Support_Tcpclient.cs)  as "safe".

Also, it might be helpful to have version info on the mod page.

Edit: there seems to be no way to reapprove a file after update.

Edit2: I see the message "An update for Server Events has been published upstream" but when I download the file it stills lists the version as 0 in the version.text.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 08:34:13 PM by Greek2me »

Hm, it's an odd permissions problem that I didn't experience locally. I ran it as root manually for you, though there's a bit of notification spam.

Edit: should be fixed but no promises. I'll do more extensive checks tomorrow
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 09:26:18 PM by Scout31 »

The S3 CDN should be deployed for RTB add-ons.

I'll check the MD5 of individual files now to green-light known safe scripts, like Support_TCPClient. That'll be something configurable by moderators.

MD5 is perfectly fine for comparing files. It's passwords that's the issue.

This might be a bit odd and might go against the wishes of the owner/maker of the add-ons, but can people upload add-ons which are NOT their's and where the maker is ded/nothereanymore.

I could implement a 'maintainer' system, so that the original author could come in and regain control at any time (or maybe have a request system?), but until they do, the 'maintainer' is essentially the author.

I'm thinking of reworking the add-on submission code. Nothing would happen on the user side, other than maybe some optimization, however it'll make things such as RTB Imports and Upstream Repositories much more fluid. It's all a giant set of code set across 3 (maybe 4) files rights now and is not at all modular. This may take up some of my time, but it will definitely expedite things in the future.

I should just make one of those online to-do lists.

Better to do it now than be forced to re-do everything later.

Server Events was deleted by it's author
*its

Also, I'm assuming you're planning to allow people to edit file info?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 02:41:57 PM by Greek2me »

The description, yes. The name and category, no. A moderator will be able to move it's category though.

I'm a bit bogged down with work this week, and normally after a full day of work I'm not too enthusiastic about doing even more programming, so we'll see how progress goes. I'm also debating using Github or Bitbucket for issue tracking, I haven't decided yet.

Upstream pulling has been fixed!

Seems like the repo doesn't load at all unless every add-on in it is approved: http://blocklandglass.com/api/support_updater/repo.php?mods=24-35

It's a problem with the system throwing an exception as the SemVer library I downloaded is saying that your version isn't formatted correctly.. Odd.

EDIT: It seems as that it doesn't like "+release-20141226" as + denotes build info, and - denotes pre-release info. The correct formatting would be "+release.20141226"
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:38:50 PM by Scout31 »

Another thing: Issue tracking is now on GitHub. The site itself may or may not go open source, I haven't decided.