Author Topic: Raycasting on Brick with DTS Collision?  (Read 3686 times)

I have recently been making bricks with .dts collision shapes, and while the collision works great, the raycasting on the bricks always screws up in some way. I've found that one of my bricks had some extra bit of raycasting put in the corners of the bounding box, and another brick doesn't have any raycasting whatsoever. What is the proper way to handle raycasting with a brick that uses .dts collision?

Here are the two bricks I'm currently working on:

When I stand here on the hoop:

The third person view is forced forward to this:

Indicating that there is raycasting on the corners of the hoop. Testing this with projectiles, I confirmed that the collision is perfect except for the corners.

Something similar happens with the tree, when I stand here:

The third person view is pushed inwards to this:

It definitely isn't the fault of the blb, I tested with just the collision DTS and these are the results:
Standing here:

Third person looks like this

Download the hoop:
blb
dts
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 03:52:19 PM by Wesley Williams »

I have not observed this problem before.  Perhaps you should post some more information w/pictures and examples.  Maybe even downloads of the bricks and brick source files in question.

Make the collision box convex, a concave collision box will mess things up, also if you really need a concave collision box make it out of two separate convex ones or more, name them collision0 through collision9

More than likely the collision box itself is the issue.

Make the collision box convex, a concave collision box will mess things up, also if you really need a concave collision box make it out of two separate convex ones or more, name them collision0 through collision9

More than likely the collision box itself is the issue.
Yes, I was aware of this and broke it up into smaller parts to make it convex. The collision itself is perfect, abiding to the collision DTS perfectly. The problem is just random raycasting outside the collision.

Updated with pics, blb and dts.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 07:41:24 PM by Wesley Williams »