PTG v3 Development

Author Topic: PTG v3 Development  (Read 23610 times)

It's pretty much just a matter of how confident you are in the physics of whatever vehicles you're using. :V

It's stuff like this that makes me want to play Blockland again! Please please keep working on this. :)

It's stuff like this that makes me want to play Blockland again! Please please keep working on this. :)
Glad to hear. :) I will certainly finish this add-on; it should be released within just a few weeks.

I think 16x 1/4 ModTerrain looks the best and most optimized for vehicles.
aw man alkatjo's right, that stuff will work perfectly. but i love the look of 8x 1/4
16x ModTer in general does seem to be the most optimized, but yeah I like the 8x 1/4 as well.

New mod development episode is up! Part 3 covers:
- Inclusion of infinite/finite Modular Terrain support, with the various brick sizes and height scales
- Chunk saving and loading, auto-saving, and "static" chunks
- New server commands
- Super-Admin management options
- New, print-water ModTer bricks which work like normal water, except support overlapping both ModTer and normal bricks within it
- Other features I'm planning to add, a potential release window and more!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:26:12 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

>overlap both modter and regular bricks

i'm shaking in my seat

It's about 70% done, so the end is in sight! Still aiming for late May for release. Also, here's a preview of the new script for generating random paths on terrain - it's a brand new, node-based algorithm that also works with infinite terrain:

Still needs some tweaking though, lol.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 04:44:21 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Hey Ghost, be sure to give it the ability to create little flat areas for building towns. It's hard to make a tower when every surface is slanted lol

Hey Ghost, be sure to give it the ability to create little flat areas for building towns. It's hard to make a tower when every surface is slanted lol

i think that should be added after the initial release.

i think that should be added after the initial release.
That's a great idea; I was actually planning on adding an option to load saves from .bls files onto the landscape, and the terrain would automatically be flattened in those areas to make room for the builds. So it shouldn't be too difficult to just allow some areas to remain flat without the builds.

Btw, paths have been added to the terrain! There will also be an option to toggle loading bridges when paths meet the water level you set, as shown below (I'll add more detail to them later):

Btw, paths have been added to the terrain! There will also be an option to toggle loading bridges when paths meet the water level you set, as shown below (I'll add more detail to them later):
can we get an option to lower a path by x relative to its surroundings?

You mean like to sink them into the ground? That might be possible - the generator actually sees paths as a flat surface though, so the most I could do is to add an option to lower all paths uniformly.

that would get the job done