PTG v3 Development

Author Topic: PTG v3 Development  (Read 23619 times)

that would get the job done
Actually, I found a way to lower the paths relative to the height of the terrain, so the option has been included.

Prepare for more hype - Boundaries and Clouds have been added!

Cloud generation can now be toggled, as well as having solid or non-solid collision for cloud bricks (you can still build on non-solid bricks though). They also have another layer of detail, as compared to clouds in v2, and will support ModTer. Just like for terrain, you can choose various brick sizes for clouds.

Boundaries now generate for both square and radial grids. You can choose to generate boundaries relative to the highest terrain point per chunk and the offset per brick you set, or you can set a standard height for all boundaries. A new feature is the ability to add a "ceiling" boundary, which can prevent players from leaving a minigame. I might also try to make boundaries work with infinite terrian.

Paths have been updated so that you can sink them into the ground, relative to the percentage you set and the height of the terrain. I'm also thinking about creating temporary files to make paths load faster, and including a secondary, faster method for generating them. Still need to fill in gaps inbetween path bricks though.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 08:02:45 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

fillcan and the like exist, but just to be on the safe side can you have options to recolour and maybe even set raycasting/collision/rendering of boundary bricks

(heck if that proves at all possible it'd be swell to have that level of control on other generated elements)

You'll be able to set both the color and print of just about everything lol, including boundaries, clouds, etc.

You'll be able to set both the color and print of just about everything lol, including boundaries, clouds, etc.

Now you would say impossible to this but can you add terrain brushes? You know just like in v20 were you use the world editor to edit the maps with the terrain tools.

Now you would say impossible to this but can you add terrain brushes? You know just like in v20 were you use the world editor to edit the maps with the terrain tools.
if that were possible it'd probably be laggy
would be cool to have though

how do people come up with this stuff

it probably would be a bit slow if you wanted to make it fancy

mostly because the engine can poop its pants if you try and make and destroy bricks too quickly

the rest would depend on the calculations that went into the tool itself. i don't really think that's super in the scope of this mod though maybe idk

cool mod tho!! good to see this is still a thing someone is working on

how do people come up with this stuff
because to non-coders it just comes down to what sounds like common sense? honestly why is that such a surprise to most coders

because to non-coders it just comes down to what sounds like common sense? honestly why is that such a surprise to most coders
if you don't know what you're talking about, why say anything

if you don't know what you're talking about, why say anything
because I thought I was right
but I said probably because I wasn't 100% sure but I wanted to contribute
I guess I was wrong from what you said so whatever

nah it could definitely be laggy depending on the implementation

it all depends on how it's actually done honestly

would be cool to have though
nah it could definitely be laggy depending on the implementation

it all depends on how it's actually done honestly
It is definitely possible; I was actually thinking of working on a brushed-based editor at one time and have a good idea of how it would be scripted. Getting it to work with the brick-system however would be a challenge and it could indeed cause lag, but the only way to see if it would work would be to make a prototype. Maybe after the release of the PTG update I could work on a brush editor, but right now I need to focus on PTG lol.

Thanks for all the support as well regarding the add-on guys! Only a few features left to finish before the beta testing phase begins, then it should be released soon after.

Thanks for all the support as well regarding the add-on guys! Only a few features left to finish before the beta testing phase begins, then it should be released soon after.
I'm highly anticipating this release. Good luck!