Author Topic: Destiny Megathread 2.0|THE TAKEN KING TRAILER RELEASED  (Read 8126 times)

What is Destiny?
Destiny is a first-person shooter video game developed by Bungie and published by Activision. Released on September 9, 2014, Destiny marked Bungie's first new franchise since the Halo series. Set in a "mythic science fiction" setting, the game features a massively-multiplayer "shared-world" environment with elements of role-playing games.

Gameplay
Destiny '​s style has been described as a first-person shooter that incorporates role-playing and massively multiplayer online game (MMO) elements, but Bungie has avoided defining Destiny as a traditional MMO game. Instead, the game has been referred to as a "shared-world shooter," as it lacks many of the characteristics of a traditional MMO game.

Upon its release, Destiny received mixed to positive reviews with criticism centered mostly around the game's storyline and post-campaign content. The game was praised for maintaining lineage from the Halo franchise, particularly in regards to its competitive experiences.

Missions and activities in Destiny are divided among player versus environment activities across the 4 playable planets, played either solo or as part of a "Fireteam", and competitive player versus player (PvP) play. Each planet offers an open world "Patrol" mode, where players can travel freely around the planet and perform short tasks, and "Strikes", cooperative missions played with a party of three players that culminate with a major boss. Players can collect challenges known as bounties to complete during activities to earn experience, build their reputation among factions, and sometimes earn items. Raids are advanced cooperative missions designed to be played by a party of 6, and are meant to be difficult.

Story
The setting follows a prosperous period of exploration, peace, and technological advancement known as the Golden Age. In a universe where humans have spread out and colonized planets in the Solar System, an event known as "the Collapse" saw the mysterious dissolution of these colonies, the end of the Golden Age, and mankind teetering on the brink of extinction. The only known survivors of the Collapse are those living on Earth, who were saved by "the Traveler," a white, spherical celestial body whose appearance centuries before had enabled humans to reach the stars. The Traveler now hovers above the last safe city on Earth, and its presence allows the Guardians—the defenders of the City—the ability to wield an unknown power, only referred to as "The Light."

The player takes on the role of a Guardian, and is tasked with reviving the Traveler while investigating and destroying the alien threats before humanity is completely wiped out. Destiny centers on the journey of the Guardians, the last defenders of humanity, set to protect Earth's last city.

Enemy Factions

The Fallen

The Hive

The Vex

The Cabal

Screenshots

News

-House of Wolves Expansion is out!
-Patch 1.2.0 is out
-The Taken King E3 Trailer is released
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:58:28 AM by Flatflyer »

Player List
If you want to be added, Please post your information like this:
(BLF Username) - (Console Username) - (Xbox/Xbox One/PS3/PS4) - (Titan/Hunter/Warlock)

Flatflyer - Flatflyer - PS4 - Titan
sir dooble - SirDooble - Xbox One - Hunter
ShadowsfeaR - Lt Xero - Xbone - All
Querty67-Martian097-Xbox 360- Titan
Pwnon - lando1205 - PS4 - 32 Hunter

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 09:02:30 PM by Flatflyer »

I've been stupid and spent my past 3 weeks at home playing Far Cry 4, instead of playing Destiny.
When I go back to uni tomorrow I might not be able to get my Xbox online. :(

I have a robot rogue-type fellow.

I'm hyped for HoW. The new gear look amazing, and the Trials of Osiris gear is some of the best looking armor I've seen. Also I need the new Hunter exotic boots, Unremarkable Bones.

Trials of Osiris! New armor and weapon models!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:51:20 PM by ShadowsfeaR »

i have destiny, make a player list

i have destiny, make a player list
i'll make one when i get unbanned

~150 million dollars spent on development and there weren't enough resources to make a PC port. This is why you don't spend money on turgid actor performances.

I wouldnt be surprised if a PC port comes out after House of wolves.

So, I can play GTA 5 online on my Xbox One on my uni internet, and the connection isn't too bad (although it's reluctant to put me in a freeroam world with other players, but will do it).

But Destiny won't let me play at all. :(
I can't even get to choosing my character before I get the "weasel" error.

The hive models look so much better on "next gen" systems. Those glowy eyes really fit the theme.

A shame I don't have a "next gen" system.

Sadly, me and my family (yes, my family plays videogames, don't judge.) got bored of Destiny because when you get maxed out gear, have collected 99-100% of the exotics, and beat both raids on hard, you run out of things to do.

I just hope the new expansion really revitalizes the game, otherwise I doubt I'll play it.

The hive models look so much better on "next gen" systems. Those glowy eyes really fit the theme.

A shame I don't have a "next gen" system.

Sadly, me and my family (yes, my family plays videogames, don't judge.) got bored of Destiny because when you get maxed out gear, have collected 99-100% of the exotics, and beat both raids on hard, you run out of things to do.

I just hope the new expansion really revitalizes the game, otherwise I doubt I'll play it.
New expansion is going to have the Prison of Elders which is a Horde mode/arena mode and the Trails of Osiris. which is a new PvP thing, as well as having things such as allowing you to upgrade and reroll older gear.

and then theres the rest of the stuff in the reef hub like the Reef bounty person and such.

Its going to be pretty huge.

New Fallen vendor for The Arena

New Fallen themed weapnry

Speaker material exchange

New faction armor models

New faction weapon models

New Crucible Warlock gear

Upgradable legendaries and exotics from any point in time in Destiny (this includes armor)!

WEAPON REFORGING

Added a Player List to the 2nd post, please post if you want to be added in.

In other news, I 3-manned VoG all the way to the Gatekeeper last night, my friend got The Last Word out of the Gorgon chest, which is his favorite exotic that he wanted badly back when Xur Was selling it.