Author Topic: How do I make a bot NOT follow an enemy while shooting at it?  (Read 973 times)

The last topic I posted went against the rules. So I'm reposting it correctly.

I just want a bot to stand still and shoot at enemies. That's it. I don't want it to strafe-ram me like an idiot and defy all my events as soon as it spots an enemy. The setwanderdistance - OFF doesn't work. Once it spots an enemy, it's overridden, and the bot strafe-rams me anyway.

Don't tell me that I can just set its aim to the nearest player, because it doesn't have good range anyway, and I want the bot to aim at and shoot other bots. While standing completely still.

I've tried to box them in, but they go nuts, as if they're programmed to hate tight spaces. I've tried to use the nomoveplayertype on them, but they still go nuts, and any velocity applied to them makes their physics glitch out hard, making them move as if they're in space.

So, in a nutshell: Bot- no move - shoot enemies like it normally would.

maybe you should try making it so the bot, once it spawns, falls onto a vehicle rowboat (which can't move on land)

the bot won't be able to move and can still shoot at you

try it and see
although this is just a workaround

maybe you should try making it so the bot, once it spawns, falls onto a vehicle rowboat (which can't move on land)

the bot won't be able to move and can still shoot at you

try it and see
although this is just a workaround

I did. I even tried to make a mario kart double dash map using your exact idea, but if an enemy gets too close, they bail and start moving again. Also, I need the bot to be still itself so that it can still move to bricks I event it to move to. You still pose a good idea though. Thanks! :)

bot riding a rowboat riding a horse?
then somehow make it not bail

bot riding a rowboat riding a horse?
then somehow make it not bail
although seeming like a doctor seuss book, that doesn't work

alternatively, you can spawn a bot shark with a weapon, and since it can't move on land, it will just stay still and shoot at you.

however it will die after 10-ish seconds because sharks are supposed to be on land