mod that automatically changes the timescale to 2 everytime you load/clearallbri

Author Topic: mod that automatically changes the timescale to 2 everytime you load/clearallbri  (Read 1812 times)

title. loading and clearing all bricks goes faster when 2x timescale is on. not sure about how it would be detected that all bricks are cleared or if the loading is done. stuff for that is probably encrypted in the game files.

loading and clearing all bricks goes faster when 2x timescale is on
I'm not convinced. where is this coming from? and has anyone actually proved it?

Well, if theres an output event that changes time scale, you can just use G2M's Server Events for an input event.

pretty sure loading/clearing is spaced out like that to avoid lag
so by speeding it up you're just negating that

I'm not convinced. where is this coming from? and has anyone actually proved it?
loading is tied into an internal clock, which timescale affects
which is a little bizarre, but works

Timescale does not affect ghosting rate, it only really affects the overall loading speed for the host.

Timescale does not affect ghosting rate, it only really affects the overall loading speed for the host.
This.

not sure about how it would be detected that all bricks are cleared or if the loading is done. stuff for that is probably encrypted in the game files.
Why do you even bother making up/guessing such things? It's super easy to detect.

This.
Doesn't make it any less useful, though, I don't really see any particular reason this wouldn't be handy.

Doesn't make it any less useful, though
... Yes it does?  This is like, the definition of "less useful"
Timescale does not affect ghosting rate
This means connected clients will not experience any increased load speed. Which is the whole point of this suggestion
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:46:16 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

i just suggested this because i manually change the timescale whenever i load my large projects. it's also useful for when you reload your save on top of itself incase you accidently delete a whole section or something important that would take a lot longer to rebuild than to reload. when you reload, it loads a lot slower than if you loaded a save on top of clear space.

this isn't for the clients, it's for the host.

Why do you even bother making up/guessing such things? It's super easy to detect.

the coding for the loading/saving system is in the base game script (?) so i thought the methods used were unknown for where it detects loading to be finished and posts something in the chat to say so, same for when it starts.

... Yes it does?  This is like, the definition of "less useful"
Please, explain how loading fast is detrimental to the game, lol.

Which is the whole point of this suggestion
Where did you get idea?

Please, explain how loading fast is detrimental to the game, lol
There's nothing to explain because loading faster doesn't happen.
Timescale does not affect ghosting rate

Where did you get idea?
Literally this entire thread. Try reading it.

this isn't for the clients, it's for the host.

Yeah but your kind of throwing your entire server under the bus doing this, because
pretty sure loading/clearing is spaced out like that to avoid lag
so by speeding it up you're just negating that

Also this wouldn't work at all for dedicated servers because the "host" is just a regular old client

loading the bricks (creating the objects) is sped up, as well as the uploading process

even if ghosting isn't affected, other parts of the process are and that's what's important

and i would imagine lag issues would occur according to the server machine's processor and other factors

the coding for the loading/saving system is in the base game script (?) so i thought the methods used were unknown for where it detects loading to be finished and posts something in the chat to say so, same for when it starts.
Using trace(%bool); and doing the appropriate actions will show all of the function that are being called(I already know what the callback is for a save finishing loading anyways).