8 (22.9%)
AdventurePack
4 (11.4%)
GravityCat's Raycasting weapons.
6 (17.1%)
Custom Pack (needs to be made first)
5 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Ambitious Few: [WIP][RP] Real Beta this week!!! -Poll!-  (Read 8540 times)

Progress report:
Next area - Major faction zone, and starter zone in progress

Server is currently at 251,608 Bricks.

I currently need a scripter who can handle events!
This includes:
An event in which On activate>named brick>set drop location  having a plane fly over, and dropping the player out and then having the player auto parachute at a good height, or something of the like.

And a fixed on vehicle enter zone>named brick>vehicle teleport. as the current one is broken(?) in vehicle events.

Please PM me on steam, my steam name is Xeidious
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 04:12:54 AM by Xeidious* »

shouldn't be too difficult to make those
for the dropping of the player, probably something similar to the old airstrike item?

shouldn't be too difficult to make those
for the dropping of the player, probably something similar to the old airstrike item?
Yeah, you gonna make them? i have some stuff for the airdrop.

yeah, I was looking through the airstrike code and it shouldn't be too difficult
I guess the player would be invisible and stationary where they'll spawn, the plane will fly over, and then they'll show up?

I currently need a scripter who can handle events!
This includes:
An event in which On activate>named brick>set drop location  having a plane fly over, and dropping the player out and then having the player auto parachute at a good height, or something of the like.

TomTom's trench war had a spawning system that did exactly this. He was hosting it yesterday.

TomTom's trench war had a spawning system that did exactly this. He was hosting it yesterday.
Yes well i asked him about it, and he wasn't sure or not if he was going to release it, that and he hasn't made it into an event, because he doesn't know how(?) he says.

yeah, I was looking through the airstrike code and it shouldn't be too difficult
I guess the player would be invisible and stationary where they'll spawn, the plane will fly over, and then they'll show up?
Yeah, essentially.

Holy stuff this looks cool

decided to make another ambient environment, this time it has it's own little area!
One of the many "Frontlines" of WW3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnTHk7vnVbs&feature=youtu.be

Sorry guys, progress has been pretty slow recently.

So far i'm going to have to factory restart my computer, due to a few problems i've run into in which i can't fix any other way. If the problem persists project /may be/ put on temporary hold. Will update you all on the situation when i've finished.

working on the script, just gotta make the event and spawn the player in the plane
nvm
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 12:02:45 PM by Hawt »

working on the script, just gotta make the event and spawn the player in the plane
nvm
Oh, got me excited there. :^(

Good news, all problems are resolved and ill be back to work on this in no time.

Oh, got me excited there. :^(

Good news, all problems are resolved and ill be back to work on this in no time.
actually i figured out all the problems except i'm having trouble mounting the player to the plane
also named_brick doesn't work :(
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 02:44:28 PM by Hawt »

actually i figured out all the problems except i'm having trouble mounting the player to the plane
also named_brick doesn't work :(

Dont mount the player to the plane, just transform them a good deal above the plane (or somewhere close enough players won't be able to see the change in position) and then when in position, transform them 2tu or so under the plane. This will prevent the transform showing the player 'moving sideways' as i can only assume settranfrom just moves a player along a vector diff
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 03:20:56 AM by Gambsy »