vce is making me mad.

Author Topic: vce is making me mad.  (Read 682 times)

I'm not sure why these events aren't working. I did everything in my power to make them work. I was on the team and the team name was exactly what I put in the events. Nothing is happening at all. If anyone could lend me a hand with this...

I have no idea why or what the logic behind it is, but I've solved similar issues by using ifValue instead of ifVariable. Might work in this case, not sure. Rest of events look ok. Schedule limit is maxed I assume?

I have no idea why or what the logic behind it is, but I've solved similar issues by using ifValue instead of ifVariable. Might work in this case, not sure. Rest of events look ok. Schedule limit is maxed I assume?

Not at all. I'm not sure about that ifValue, because I had the events in a different order earlier and it worked fine. The only thing really different is the fact that the VCE_modvariable lines had onActivate, which broke the button's function because I wanted it to teleport blue team members and red team members to different places.

You need to use ifValue for <var:cl:stuff>.

Otherwise, it will check if the brick has a custom variable called "<var:cl:stuff>" set. It doesn't, so nothing happens.

Otherwise, it will check if the brick has a custom variable called "<var:cl:stuff>" set. It doesn't, so nothing happens.
Yeah, ifVariable is for variables that you yourself have assigned through VCE one way or another. It's sorta silly to have a distinction, but oh well.

Yeah, ifVariable is for variables that you yourself have assigned through VCE one way or another. It's sorta silly to have a distinction, but oh well.

jfc of course that would be the solution

well i'm learning to vce a lot better so thanks guys.