Author Topic: Splatoon  (Read 163496 times)

I got this, Haven't been able to play a single game without being disconnected. yay.

I got this, Haven't been able to play a single game without being disconnected. yay.
My condolences. Is it your connection or someone else's?

after many agonizing losses followed by wins and then losses
im finally rank B- (30)

competitive pays much better than casual and has more people actually trying to win but that means its that much harder
also i keep running into idiots who think its still turf wars

heads up that there's a new stage called piranha pit out

I'm about to say some stuff that people way more intelligble on the subject will correct me on.

[rant]

What the forget is with matchmaking? For the past few weeks I've been fluctuating in B- because loving idiots who deserve to be in C rank think its Turf Wars. That, or they don't care at all about whether they win or not despite the fact that the entire team will be brought down for it. Not even in ranked either, normal mode is even loving worse. I'd expect people not to care in normal Turf Wars, but then you have these level 50 loving twats you ALWAYS GET PAIRED WITH who come in with fully upgraded gear and weaponry that is over 30 levels beyond my skill zone. Half of the names are korean and the other half are random kiddy gibberish, which i'd expect from an international family game, but then you have to guess which type of player the koreans are because half of the time they suck and the other half of the time they're the level 50 asshats im talking about
it has nothing to do with race, its the fact that seeing these people who flood the leaderboards is a guessing game at what their loving names are
so splatfest starts and for the first time in weeks i get on the loving game
i choose a side (future) and start playing again with the carbon roller deco, things are going good
less than 10 seconds in the match and there is a connection issue and i'm booted
i'm not happy but I think it was either a connection issue with the host* or the host* shut the console off in anger. whatever, not like i'll ever see him again. we were dominating the game anyways.
join a second game and the same situation happens, except for how well we were doing. neck at neck in the last 10 seconds when i get booted for connection issues. i start to get suspicious of my console or our home router and so i move the wiiu out a little bit
lo and behold, third loving game and the same damn thing happens, and i know it isnt a ragequitting host* because we were getting loving decimated out there
i cant even lose without a connection issue cutting it off, only this time i got cut off just before the leaderboard

i dont loving get it
my computer connects to the internet fine, super mario maker connects fine, miiverse connects fine, the beginning of these matches have loving impeccable connection, youtube and all of those work, yet I'm having these issues
i'm suspecting its splatfest but that would be pretty loving pathetic since that means a titan of the gaming industry since the loving 80s wouldn't be able to handle the servers well enough (even though the same damn team thing happens in smash brothers and you arent seeing this loving bullstuff there)

i did not put down $60 on a game i thought and still think is great just to not be able to play it
forget this game's matchmaking, forget whoever thought of it, forget the connection issues, forget this bullstuff

*I do not know if there is a host system or if it is Nintendo's servers. I am willing to bet it's the second, which makes this situation worse.

If I am wrong please correct me and make me look like a loving idiot so I can learn from this god damned experience.

[/rant]

I'm stuck in c- hell but yeah ranking is loving stupid
Also haven't played in a while lmao

gonna be honest here: i don't play this game a lot anymore

at first, the worldwide map & gamemode rotation sounded like an interesting feature, but i think i'd like it better if i could actually choose what i played whenever i wanted

playing the same 2 maps in the same gamemode over and over again gets boring very quickly

(rant)
I play the game and I don't have connection issues that often. I only got the unstable connection error a couple of times (and keep in mind that this was during a splatfest), and I occasionally get the "Failed to connect to partner's device" error, but the game still works fine for me. I'll be honest and say that I don't play the game as much as I used to either, although occasionally I will play a game with a couple of forumers, and I still feel like the game is fun whenever I play it.

gonna be honest here: i don't play this game a lot anymore

at first, the worldwide map & gamemode rotation sounded like an interesting feature, but i think i'd like it better if i could actually choose what i played whenever i wanted

playing the same 2 maps in the same gamemode over and over again gets boring very quickly
I gotta agree

i only have two problems with my experience so far:
1. playing on two maps / not being able to change gamemodes sucks
2. the amount of players who do not play the objective is astounding
the other day we were spawncamping the other team's base on rainmaker, and the guy with the rainmaker would just not loving bring it over to the finish
the timer ran out and we didn't get the KO bonus ughghghg

splatfest hype tho

SPLATFEST IS HERE YEAAAAA

Already matched with other futures as enemies
And again
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:15:20 PM by startacker »