Chrome users now have access to the new HTML5 player.

Author Topic: Chrome users now have access to the new HTML5 player.  (Read 1454 times)

the html5 player IS the primary player now
thank you for answering his question

im curious about the difference too

is it just to look shinier?

thank you for answering his question
blocky943 at your service

lmao this isn't a chrome exclusive, it's been open for awhile now...i use firefox.

call me stupid, but whats the difference between the HTML5 player and the primary player?
youtube preparing to dump flash forever and using newer technology

lmao this isn't a chrome exclusive, it's been open for awhile now...i use firefox.
he never said it was
he said that chrome users can now use it without an extension

How did you get your page to be black?

youtube preparing to dump flash forever and using newer technology
Which is good. Facebook still uses Flash, and it crashes every 20 minutes.

How did you get your page to be black?

I have a Chrome addon called Magic Actions for YouTube. The lightswitch changes it from light to black. It's like a night mode.

Looking forward to when this comes out fully.
Looks really nice.

It's always been enabled for me ever since the other thread came out with the special cookie that I had to change; it's really does look nicer and is a change I'm glad to see from youtube for once lol). It still takes up too much space at the bottom of the screen in fullscreen for me however (unless they fixed it or something).

Using an up-to-date waterfox on my desktop...

Nope! Can't use it. WTF?

waterfox
Try not using an obscure offshoot of a bad browser.

Waterfox is a branch of firefox with full 64bit support, Its definetly better than resource hog scroggle chrome and firefox, I plan on using it until Microsoft Edge is out.

Anyways, I am using the new player on Waterfox and it works fine, maybe hes using one of the beta versions.

"Over 3,000,000 downloads from over 180 countries" Yeah it's reeeeal obscure. Also, Firefox uses up far less RAM than chrome, which is one of the main reasons I'm using it.