seriously who thought thralls were a good idea
6 (6.7%)
dark sword
8 (9%)
estoc
5 (5.6%)
proof of concord farming
4 (4.5%)
sorry but im so good and i literally never die you all just need to git gud lmao
10 (11.2%)
lord tony's stuffposts
36 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Author Topic: Souls Thread [Demon's, Dark 1, 2, 3, SotfS, BB] - Working as intended.  (Read 169243 times)

Compared to Demon's Souls. Have you seen the swamp area? It's massive and Demon's Souls swamp area has a total of 2 checkpoints not counting the final boss of that area. The swamp area in Demon's Souls is larger than farron and path of sacrifice combined.

Demon's Souls had the least amount of checkpoints and it worked because it didn't feel like your hand was being held. Worked great for PVP too because 9 times out of 10 when you invade you'll be invading someone actually trying to beat the level not a ganker.

Gankers like finding small checkpoint spots that have the shortest distance between bonfire and fogwall. DS1, DS2 and DS3 has plenty of tiny checkpoint areas to exploit for invaders.

I'm going to list difficulty from hardest to least.

Dark Souls 2.

Demon's Souls.

Dark Souls 1.

Dark Souls 3.
i can guarantee dark souls 2 is not the hardest in the souls series
the dlc areas might be some of the harder areas in the series but that's it

i can guarantee dark souls 2 is not the hardest in the souls series
the dlc areas might be some of the harder areas in the series but that's it

Scholar of the first sin I would say is the hardest.

Demon's Souls is hard because there is less than 3 checkpoints per level. Which discourages ganking and makes getting invaded more intense.

Also the bosses are the hardest, the loving maneaters rape any gargoyles found in Dark Souls.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 11:49:45 AM by Lord Tony® »

you also get infinite healing items
stop comparing des to ds okay they're not the same thing

you also get infinite healing items
stop comparing des to ds okay they're not the same thing

Which game you talking about with healing items DS2 or Demons Souls?

The loving life gems in DS2 is no different than humanity just slower.

Demon's Souls is just a stuff ton of grass but it runs out and if you run out you don't regenerate it like you do with estus.

Plus with DS2 you can beat the game without touching a single bonfire. Can't do this with DS3 with the way they set up the hub world.

Plus with DS2 you can beat the game without touching a single bonfire. Can't do this with DS3 with the way they set up the hub world.
and this matters why?

and this matters why?

Makes the game an even harder challenge bro, you should try it.

the fact you lose max health upon death in dark souls 2 is complete bullstuff and does nothing but add artificial difficulty. i can already tell im not going to like this game

the fact you lose max health upon death in dark souls 2 is complete bullstuff and does nothing but add artificial difficulty. i can already tell im not going to like this game
(you won't)
there's a ring that puts the hp lost cap at 80% and I played through the whole game with it on so get that if you want

go through the forest of the lost giants
do not enter no man's wharf until you've already beaten the four great ones

I always wharf by hiding behind a greatshield and waiting
if u ever need a helping hand and ur on pc hit me up

If you don't die like 20 times in the same area this wouldn't be an issue.

I invaded yesterday and they were 4 dark sword users
I have a moonlight greatsword
I died horribly

i have been going through the forest