seriously who thought thralls were a good idea
6 (6.7%)
dark sword
8 (9%)
estoc
5 (5.6%)
proof of concord farming
4 (4.5%)
sorry but im so good and i literally never die you all just need to git gud lmao
10 (11.2%)
lord tony's stuffposts
36 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Author Topic: Souls Thread [Demon's, Dark 1, 2, 3, SotfS, BB] - Working as intended.  (Read 169022 times)

I beat Dancer of the Boreal Valley at level 60. Of course I got help, and we just tag-teamed her but holy stuff was that difficult. I also smashed that rock creature on top of the Farron Keep and got Havel's Ring. No more fat rolling and I got OP weapons.

theres your problem
real talk i think sotfs is better than ds1

i've tried playing ds1 three - four times and i've never been able to get into it like i did with the others

real talk i think sotfs is better than ds1

i've tried playing ds1 three - four times and i've never been able to get into it like i did with the others
I could never get into it because of the gargoyles. The boss fight was hard but doable, but the run back was agonizing for me because of the orgy room right before the fight.

the orgy is easy tho
Maybe clearing it out, but running past it just to get to the fight was very difficult for me. I don't know how many times I got caught in the middle of 5 undead and unable to get past without attacking.

man i might just be easily entertained but here's my rankings of the souls games by hours played:

ds2: 263 (ds2 regular 227, sotfs 36)
ds1: 213
ds3: 91

i played so much ds2. ive liked all three the same all for different reasons.

ds1 i liked because it was my first dark souls and it was a huge introduction into the series, and the world development was super memorable and beautiful, and each place had a different story to it and it all made sense in the canon.

ds2 i liked because it was so squeaky smooth 60 fps, it had different weapon animations, its multiplayer worked better, and there were less instances (than in ds1) where i'd die and blame the game, it was always my fault.

ds3 i liked because of how loving excited i was for it to come out, its world was much more convoluted and therefore felt more like it was created by natural/magic causes in the game rather than "a developer put this together" (a good example is the undead settlement, that stuff was really loving cool.) the enemies that were the most annoying were still like "i feel cool now that i killed that thing" rather than "forget that piece of stuff, glad i'm done with it." everything in that game was pretty satisfying.

overall, the biggest reason i liked the games was because it made me feel good at something. not that im bad at a lot of things, but i'm pretty decent at the PvE in that game (maybe not compared to other players but i dont die much now) so that was cool. that and i now know like everything about the lore and every character and it gave me a world to be engrossed in and imagine in my head, and not much in media makes me want to learn more about a universe except for dark souls.

the enemies that were the most annoying were still like "i feel cool now that i killed that thing" rather than "forget that piece of stuff, glad i'm done with it." everything in that game was pretty satisfying.
man I felt the exact opposite effect
nearly every fight i got into left me with a sour taste in my mouth as I estus after losing 3/4ths of my health in one swing because they're jacked up on magic steroids or some stuff and no matter if I'm in rags or havel's, nothing can stop them from loving cleaving me in two, not to mention most encounters are composed of multiple enemies, and most of those in turn also having starfishs who stand far in the back and projectile spam you to death or ram you with a spear while you're trying to dodge the big starfish who will forget your stuff by exhaling

it was a loving agony to play through my first time, and repeated plays were only made easier by me knowing how to get all the good stuff with minimal effort and instakill things

and the BOSSES holy stuff

what braindead, slackjawed monkey working at fromsoft decided that things like pontiff and blue dragon forgetwit are okay, with their batstuff insane hitboxes and movesets, with the former being able to loving CLONE HIMSELF AND GANK YOU and the ladder being able to charge spam you doing the obligatory 3/4ths of your hp unless you put more sperm into vigor than a teenage boy puts into tissues. and all the bosses excluding dancer because i'm too tired to complain about another boss that don't fit under the category of these two are loving piss easy, and a toddler could, and probably has, beaten the stuff out of every singe one of them

dark souls 2 had bad boss variety with most of them being just big dudes in armor but AT LEAST THEY WERE FAIR
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 12:03:13 AM by Clownfish »

Most of the bosses in dark souls 3 were absolutely great though. The dancer and the crippled homos were my favorite, both super slick fights that just had a certain buttery smooth feel to them. Sister Friede is an amazing fight and if you're not overleveled can also be very challengening. Another one of my favorites is the lord of cinder, mainly because of the PvP/PvE hybrid feel it gave off. There definitely are some stuff bosses, but that happens in every dark souls.

There definitely are some stuff bosses,
(glares at wolnir)

id take wolnirs rooster up my ass before id take a new bed of chaos

I bet I would have loved fighting Friede by myself if I wasnt underleveled on NG+4 when she hits like a truck
also first stage of gay homo bros is my favorite, its just fun to dodge everything

So i play with keyboard and mouse, and after 20 hours just discovered the button that lets me lock on opponents. I can now parry a lot better.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 10:09:57 PM by Cakey »

I was invading people in Heide's Tower of Flame as Harambe Zulu when I got a friend request and a few messages.

Rigel: You the guy I just invaded?
feisty lil thing: Why don't you let Harambe die forever you monster.....
Rigel: A legend never dies.
feisty lil thing: Why does he need to die over and over....
feisty lil thing: let his suffering end......
Rigel: His pain belongs to those that I invade.
feisty lil thing: Every soul arrow I shot
feisty lil thing: was a bullet to my heart
Rigel: Every humanity I take is another toward the reprieve of that zoo-keeper
feisty lil thing: You're pure evil